• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Division 2 is way better than the first

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
1 month ago#1
It wasn't even on my radar because I wasn't a fan of the first game but my wife showed some interest in it so I pre-ordered it. It's a damn good game. I'm quite happy I bought it
Less Xbox, more tackle box
XBL GT: M0NSTERRA1N

User Info: Brandy1977

Brandy1977
1 month ago#2
I keep asking this.What exactly makes it better than the first?Looks to me like some minor tweaks and a day/night cycle.
Gamefaqs is ran by trolls.

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
1 month ago#3
Brandy1977 posted...
I keep asking this.What exactly makes it better than the first?Looks to me like some minor tweaks and a day/night cycle.

I played TD1 when it launched so my experience may be different from those who stuck it out or started later in the game's life cycle, so please keep that in mind.

-Bullet sponge enemies are far fewer. There were a ton in the first game
-The controls feel much more responsive
-The guns feel like they have some actual weight to them, and I don't mean running speed, I mean when you're firing. It feels more meaty
-The Dark Zone was pretty glitched up when the first game came out. It feels like TD2 had a better run of QA testing. I wonder how much of that had to do with having betas. I don't think the first one had a beta
-As you mentioned, day/night
-I like the setting more. Ubi did a fantastic job with NYC but NYC is so played out in games and movies. It's nice to have something a little bit different and it feels like Ubi has duplicated their performance with DC.
-The game world feels more alive. It's cool having friendlies walking around and actively engaging enemies
-Better side missions

Others may disagree but those are a few reasons why I think the sequel is much better.
Less Xbox, more tackle box
XBL GT: M0NSTERRA1N

User Info: Cruddy_horse

Cruddy_horse
1 month ago#4
DigitalFury_ posted...
Brandy1977 posted...

I played TD1 when it launched so my experience may be different from those who stuck it out or started later in the game's life cycle, so please keep that in mind.

-Bullet sponge enemies are far fewer. There were a ton in the first game
-The controls feel much more responsive
-The guns feel like they have some actual weight to them, and I don't mean running speed, I mean when you're firing. It feels more meaty
-The Dark Zone was pretty glitched up when the first game came out. It feels like TD2 had a better run of QA testing. I wonder how much of that had to do with having betas. I don't think the first one had a beta
-As you mentioned, day/night
-I like the setting more. Ubi did a fantastic job with NYC but NYC is so played out in games and movies. It's nice to have something a little bit different and it feels like Ubi has duplicated their performance with DC.
-The game world feels more alive. It's cool having friendlies walking around and actively engaging enemies
-Better side missions

Others may disagree but those are a few reasons why I think the sequel is much better.

The first one did have multiple betas, and a day/night cycle.
equo ne credite!

User Info: ill-thoughts

ill-thoughts
1 month ago#5
im not buying the game but the 12 hours i put into the beta, i enjoyed it Greatly. the city feels very realistic just like Division 1's New York and the gunplay, while predictable and bullet-spongey at times, is comfortable and nowhere NEAR as horrific as Division 1's. its a solid game everyone should play at some point, especially if youve never played D1.

given the choice though, i would choose D1 over D2. idk something about snowy New York just does it for me.
playing: NBA Live 19, DOA6, Far Cry 5/ND, HITMAN 2, GTA5
waiting for: Cyberpunk 2077, Bully 2

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
1 month ago#6
What's it about/like? I've never looked into these games.
Cookie: Chocolate chip cookie. Biscuit: All other biscuit confectionary.

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
1 month ago#7
The museum missions are the best part of the game so far for me. I've done ~3 of them and I really hope there are a few (hopefully a bunch) more. They make for a great change of scenery and some of best environmental designs have come from these areas. What you see in these buildings is cooler than most of the stuff you'll see in the previous game (IMO).

Two of my favorite parts were fighting inside of a planetarium and seeing a room that looked like Mars. Having the built-in photo mode will come in handy for these places.
XBL(Main)-cheezedadada / PSN(Exclusives)-cheezedadadada
Favorite games of 2019 so far: #1 Metro Exodus #2 REmake 2

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
1 month ago#8
cheezedadada posted...
The museum missions are the best part of the game so far for me. I've done ~3 of them and I really hope there are a few (hopefully a bunch) more. They make for a great change of scenery and some of best environmental designs have come from these areas. What you see in these buildings is cooler than most of the stuff you'll see in the previous game (IMO).

Two of my favorite parts were fighting inside of a planetarium and seeing a room that looked like Mars. Having the built-in photo mode will come in handy for these places.

The detail in the environments is ridiculous. No 2 areas look the same. And the lighting is amazing too.
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: dasb00tj

dasb00tj
1 month ago#9
I was shocked at how polished it is compared to the first. The world seems so full comparatively as well. I wasn't too excited for TD2 after the first left a bad taste, but after being talked into buying it and trying it out I have absolutely no regrets. Now, if they can fix the skill bug finally I'll be 100% behind it.
PSN: dasb00tj LIVE: das b00t J STEAM: dasbootj

User Info: HuricaneOrleans

HuricaneOrleans
1 month ago#10
Only thing I prefer from the first game is how classes/abilities were setup. I'm pretty iffy on the health system too. It is definitely better than the first game at launch. I also feel there is more to do. I'm not too far into the game, but I preferred the NYC setting more than D.C. although D.C. is more varied, but it doesn't have an eeriness to it like NYC did.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Division 2 is way better than the first
  • Topic Archived