You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks next gen

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
6 days ago#1
I'm playing this game now. Most of the game seems to be jungle. When it comes to the jungle, the game looks like something that I would expect from next gen. This has got to be the most amazing looking jungle ever made.

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
6 days ago#2
it’s definitely up there. The game is stunning on the X, even the 60fps option looks and runs beautifully.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
6 days ago#3
It's the game I'm playing right now, got it with my X last week. I put it on higher framerate and the game looks gorgeous and feels so smooth
Lightning- I control my Fate! (FF 13)

User Info: kingofjamaica

kingofjamaica
6 days ago#4
It really doesn't.
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
6 days ago#5
some things look great but other things like character models and fire effects look terrible

those jackal things that attack you in some tombs are laughably bad

same with the llamas in that tribal village, I dunno how those made in in to the game looking like that
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: NakedSnake1986

NakedSnake1986
6 days ago#6
kingofjamaica posted...
It really doesn't.

Probably like me playing on a regular xbone with 1080p. I wish I could experience the game in 4k at 60fps.
https://i.imgur.com/1076HTU.gif

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
6 days ago#7
Well when next gen is the switch, almost any triple a title looks far beyond next gen lol
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: BigBee2005

BigBee2005
6 days ago#8
I agree TC - it is a stunning looking game! Am really enjoying my playthrough.

User Info: jerrick

jerrick
6 days ago#9
If you compare to it to Crackdown 3 yes.

User Info: superwesker

superwesker
6 days ago#10
jerrick posted...
If you compare to it to Crackdown 3 yes.

You seem like a guy that will purchase days gone on the PS4 just so you can get the free affliction shirt and nickelback cd.
Favorite games of all time:streets of rage remake, manhunt, mortal kombat 2,super street fighter 4, half life 2, tmnt 4. GT:crazydaygo
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks next gen