• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Help Xbox One X keeps dropping internet...

User Info: ab2c4

ab2c4
4 weeks ago#11
I really think it is how Comcast sets up their hardware and doesn't play nice with all devices. Wouldn't work with our Amazon echo either, same issue.

In December we switched to our own hardware. I bought a modem, and already had an Asus router from our old place that I bought and used back then. No issues or configuring needed for any device to work without issues with my own hardware.

I hope it works out for you.

ab2c4
4 weeks ago#12
Also, Comcast support should be able to help with port forwarding or dmz, but they had no clue when I initially called about the problem. As always most tech people can only offer help if the solution is right in front of them in their binder.

ab2c4
4 weeks ago#13
If you decide to do port forwarding look them up, if not I can post a link of them.

User Info: kvmer

kvmer
4 weeks ago#14
I pretty much have the same problem. And I do have my own router. Same thing at my old place. My Switch works perfectly fine. But my Xbox One S will suddenly start losing connection until I do a hard reboot.

User Info: xcmon3yx2

xcmon3yx2
4 weeks ago#15
huerito323 posted...
I never had issues and I have 2 X consoles.

thanks for posting useless information to the topc... "no one cares -_-"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaaOiM_Sk560HEVNYpsA7Og
Check out my let's play channel

User Info: xcmon3yx2

xcmon3yx2
4 weeks ago#16
I had an issue where the controller out of the box couldn't keep a connection to my one X.. controller was faulty, may be the same for your one x unfortunately? try wired, for test purpose and if you have no issues, it maybe a faulty wifi adapter on the one x, as long as everything else connects to your internet wireless that is
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaaOiM_Sk560HEVNYpsA7Og
Check out my let's play channel

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
4 weeks ago#17
ab2c4 posted...
If you decide to do port forwarding look them up, if not I can post a link of them.

3070, or whatever custom port you have set under advanced settings.

No other port is needed and can screw with your other devices if you forward them, as most of the other commonly recommended ports are ports that are shared with just about everything, such as 80, which is your standard internet connection port.

User Info: THEaircobra

THEaircobra
4 weeks ago#18
xcmon3yx2 posted...
huerito323 posted...
I never had issues and I have 2 X consoles.

thanks for posting useless information to the topc... "no one cares -_-"

Ironic.
GT: aircobra PSN: THEaircobra

User Info: phattsao

phattsao
4 weeks ago#19
Yeah, the Xbox’s all seem to have s***ty WiFi. Mine drops out at least a couple times a week for no reason. The smarmy response is “use wired connection”, but that’s obviously not possible for everyone.

Microsoft is basically just going continue to ignore this issue, as they have for years. Our only hope is the next Xbox fixes whatever the hell the problem is.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Help Xbox One X keeps dropping internet...
  • Topic Archived