• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. XBOX One S or X?

User Info: Mexrel

Mexrel
4 weeks ago#1
Xbox one S or X? - Results (183 votes)
Xbox one S, why?
21.31% (39 votes)
Xbox one X, why?
78.69% (144 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So I’ve decided to buy a Xbox one. I have enough money to buy the x and a 250€ 4K Monitor but I’m not quite sure yet. I could also buy the S and start of with more games and maybe a better monitor. I sure love the words 4K and HDR but I also heard that the S can also provide native 4K but I’m not sure what that means. Anyway, I’ve owned a switch before so the next console I buy will probably be better than that one and I sold it because I didn’t like the games on it. I just want the games to be played and have fun with friends (1 of my friends has a Xbox one x, another one is going to buy a S).
I mostly want to play backward compatible games, BFV, COD, PUBG and some other shooters and AC. Now my 2 questions are: which one should I buy? And why? And my other question is: is there really that much of a difference if I buy a 1080p monitor or would the S also run good on a 1440p?
I dont know a signature

User Info: Shura_Surplice

Shura_Surplice
4 weeks ago#2
X1S has 4K only for blu rays (movies)
X1X has some games at 4k

Honestly? unless you are a pro you should buy a TV instead of a monitor. A 4K monitor with HDR will be way more expensive than a good TV and probably not as good.
Get the X1S, X is too much money for what it offers and the new consoles are coming soon anyway.
PS4 94+ millions Xbox 41+ millions Nintendo Switch 33+ millions (soon to be #2)

User Info: Mexrel

Mexrel
4 weeks ago#3
Shura_Surplice posted...
X1X has some games at 4k

Honestly? unless you are a pro you should buy a TV instead of a monitor. A 4K monitor with HDR will be way more expensive than a good TV and probably not as good.
Get the X1S, X too much money and the new consoles are coming soon.

Thanks but I think I’ll still be going for a monitor cause I’m sitting right in front of it
I dont know a signature

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#4
Xbox One X

Better performance and graphics on any display, not just for 4K TVs.
Faster load times
Smaller exterior profile
Faster dashboard
Most games are 4K
XBL: xHedon PSN: Kvally. Xbox One 50+ million sold

User Info: Shura_Surplice

Shura_Surplice
4 weeks ago#5
The_Hedon posted...
Xbox One X

Faster load times
Smaller exterior profile
Faster dashboard
Most games are 4K

LMAO
PS4 94+ millions Xbox 41+ millions Nintendo Switch 33+ millions (soon to be #2)

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
4 weeks ago#6
Shura_Surplice posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Xbox One X

Faster load times
Smaller exterior profile
Faster dashboard
Most games are 4K

LMAO

^
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZEVc9uplCUJFu/giphy.gif
XBL: xHedon PSN: Kvally. Xbox One 50+ million sold

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
4 weeks ago#7
I've got an S. Nothing wrong with it for what I use it for.

But if you can afford an X, get an X.
Lobster Snatch.

User Info: Rings

Rings
4 weeks ago#8
Shura_Surplice posted...
X1X has some games at 4k

Get the X1S, X is too much money for what it offers and the new consoles are coming soon anyway.

LMAO
Intel Pentium 166 MHz, 32mb RAM, ATI Rage 128 Pro, 500mb HDD, 15" Colour Monitor, Windows 98

User Info: WeeabooCreep

WeeabooCreep
4 weeks ago#9
People say the new consoles are coming out soon but no announcement has been made and obviously no date either. Unless you have a specific reason for getting the S which you don't, hence the topic, I'd buy the X, mostly for faster load times, but also because 4K games on your monitor will look better.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. XBOX One S or X?
  • Topic Archived