• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Mass Effect Andromeda is an absolutely amazing game and is goty material

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
1 week ago#1
I avoided playing this until now since it got so much bad rep. Twenty hours into this game, the impression that I get is that it's awesome. Right now I just got to the second planet where the main story leads you Yes, i've been running around backtracking a lot doing all side quests. By the way, i'm playing this on Insanity difficulty. I think that Mass Effect games are best played on that difficulty.

Graphics, atmosphere, rpg elements, gameplay, and pretty much everything about it is high quality. Am I playing the same game as the haters who hated on this game? The game is great. This is definitely a great spin off Mass Effect game. Every time I turn this game off I leave with the urge to keep playing it.

Anyone else here think that this is a great game?

User Info: Mushdog

Mushdog
1 week ago#2
Hucast9 posted...
I avoided playing this until now since it got so much bad rep. Twenty hours into this game, the impression that I get is that it's awesome. Right now I just got to the second planet where the main story leads you Yes, i've been running around backtracking a lot doing all side quests. By the way, i'm playing this on Insanity difficulty. I think that Mass Effect games are best played on that difficulty.

Graphics, atmosphere, rpg elements, gameplay, and pretty much everything about it is high quality. Am I playing the same game as the haters who hated on this game? The game is great. This is definitely a great spin off Mass Effect game. Every time I turn this game off I leave with the urge to keep playing it.

One of my favorite games this gen. Definitely the best combat of the series. Shame we never got the DLC for it.
The best defense is a good offense.

User Info: leelee3105

leelee3105
1 week ago#3
stop
7 November 2017 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT= ScottTHEscammeR Sony was massacred at E3 2018

Hucast9
1 week ago#4
Mushdog posted...
Hucast9 posted...

One of my favorite games this gen. Definitely the best combat of the series. Shame we never got the DLC for it.

That's seriously 100% a damn shame.

User Info: KINGWAR

KINGWAR
1 week ago#5
It's a good game, just not a good Mass Effect game.
Oh God how did this get here I am not good with computer

User Info: ChidiU

ChidiU
1 week ago#6
It has the writing quality of a SyFy original movie, but the gameplay is actually really good.

User Info: xcmon3yx2

xcmon3yx2
1 week ago#7
lol
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaaOiM_Sk560HEVNYpsA7Og
Check out my let's play channel

User Info: pjnelson

pjnelson
1 week ago#8
I didn't hate it early on, but it felt increasingly mediocre as I progressed. It's the only Mass Effect I never finished.

On a side note, the moon Elaadan peeved me. It's supposedly hot because it's always daytime, because it's tidally locked it its planet. The problem is that tidally locked moons still have a day/night cycle. Earth's own moon, for example, is tidally locked to Earth, but all sides of the moon have both day and night. It would make more sense for a planet locked to its star, as the side trapped perpetually facing the star would experience endless daytime. A moon, however, would not unless the planet it was locked to was itself also tidally locked to its star.
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.

Hucast9
1 week ago#9
ChidiU posted...
It has the writing quality of a SyFy original movie, but the gameplay is actually really good.

I disagree with that. I think that actual bad writing would be something like the script for the Star Wars prequels (episode 1, 2, and 3). I'm not hating on the Star Wars prequels. I actually like the Star Wars prequels, but I can't fault the entire prequel trilogy due to the lame script.

So far I find the writing to be okay.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 week ago#10
I would disagree.
Acts 2:38.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Mass Effect Andromeda is an absolutely amazing game and is goty material
  • Topic Archived