• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Oblivion is best on XONE via bc or PS3 game of the year???

User Info: DonVito1990

DonVito1990
4 weeks ago#11
Playing Bethesda games on PS3 should be a last resort. You clearly have another option.
32,000 Intel Xeon E5-2692 12C with 2.200 GHz 48,000 Xeon Phi 31S1P
1,000 TiB CPU/375 TiB coprocessor 54.9 petaflops

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
4 weeks ago#12
DarkReign2022 posted...
The 360 version of the game is vastly superior to the PS3 version and it runs even better on the Xbox One, so that's a no-brainer direction to go with. Fair warning if you buy the GOTY edition for the 360, it does not include a lot of the DLC. GOTY only includes 'Knights of the Nine' and 'Shiver Isles'. The rest, albeit small, added nifty little dungeons that each often offered specialized perks to the various class types you could play as.

Also note that if you do buy the GOTY for Xbox One, when installing it, make sure you insert the 2nd disc (Expansion disc) instead of the 1st disc. It will install the full game and GOTY DLC where the 1st disc will only register as the base game and the 2nd disc won't let you install the rest of the missing content.

nice thx

Im going for it, physical version is cheaper than digital in MS store
Consoles I own: Genesis, SAT, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, PSP, X360, DS Lite, Wii (with GC retro), PS3, WiiU, PS4, XONE, New 3DS, NesMini, SnesMini, Switch

User Info: InfernalFive

InfernalFive
4 weeks ago#13
Well I mean you didn't mention you didn't have a PC in your post. And imagine actually playing any console version of any Bugthesda game. Some people are a glutton for punishment I guess.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfabsU4xH1qzy531o1_500.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ggCrHk8.jpg

PoorRetroGamer
4 weeks ago#14
dont feed this troll please, dont even quote him, just block
Consoles I own: Genesis, SAT, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, PSP, X360, DS Lite, Wii (with GC retro), PS3, WiiU, PS4, XONE, New 3DS, NesMini, SnesMini, Switch

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#15
DirkMcGurkin posted...
There’s always the PC guy. This is a console board.

This is a gaming website, and some of you console only kids need to accept that some people are here because they own an XB1 and can also talk about PC because we have those too. Or do you think Microsoft is chasing a non-existent market with Play Anywhere? Bringing up PC is perfectly valid.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: twinstarnumber1

twinstarnumber1
4 weeks ago#16
DirkMcGurkin posted...
There’s always the PC guy. This is a console board.

This is an Xbox board. Yet the guy brought up the PS3. Tons of people on here own different platforms. All valid discussions.
PSN: mydarkstar, XBL: mydarkstar Steam: mydarkstar Switch: SW-6065-1920-3816

PoorRetroGamer
4 weeks ago#17
Well, thanks, but I did not asked for PC. My options were made clear: Xone or Ps3 thats where I can play. I did not mentioned PC because its not an option to me. So the question is between console versions. Dont care about mods or hardware improvements.

PoorRetroGamer
4 weeks ago#18
I know Oblivion becomes awesome with mods in the PC. I did some research. But its not an option to me and Im not going to build a machine for this game. I will play where I have and I wanted to know if between consoles I will miss too much going with Ps3 at the point my experience on it will be much worse than on xbox.

No need to cause a comotion because of it. Its out of question if pc is better. I dont care.

And to be fair, I want the closer to original like if it was 2006. See my name: RETROGAMER.

User Info: Zweihanda

Zweihanda
4 weeks ago#19
Xbox. Avoid the ps3 port. The goty Xbox version is playable on the One and 360.
PSN: Zweihanda
Xbox GT: FatSatan Switch FC SW-6301-8298-6902

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#20
PoorRetroGamer posted...
I know Oblivion becomes awesome with mods in the PC. I did some research. But its not an option to me and Im not going to build a machine for this game. I will play where I have and I wanted to know if between consoles I will miss too much going with Ps3 at the point my experience on it will be much worse than on xbox.

No need to cause a comotion because of it. Its out of question if pc is better. I dont care.

And to be fair, I want the closer to original like if it was 2006. See my name: RETROGAMER.

If you consider 2006 Retro then good for you, but the PC version launched the same day as the 360 version so it would qualify. You were better off just saying you aren’t interested in PC rather than trying to make something up like that.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Oblivion is best on XONE via bc or PS3 game of the year???
  • Topic Archived