• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Oblivion is best on XONE via bc or PS3 game of the year???

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
3 weeks ago#1
Guys, I have a XONE S (not X, sadly), and I want to play Oblivion before Skyrim.

I have Oblivion GOTY for my old PS3, but I read its a very much inferior version, like many ported earlier X360 games , PS3 version suffered a lot of problems.

So I want to enjoy the best experience, so I go with PS3 GOTY or buy it for XONE, meaning i will need to pay for additional content ???
Consoles I own: Genesis, SAT, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, PSP, X360, DS Lite, Wii (with GC retro), PS3, WiiU, PS4, XONE, New 3DS, NesMini, SnesMini, Switch

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
3 weeks ago#2
PoorRetroGamer posted...
So I want to enjoy the best experience, so I go with PS3 GOTY or buy it for XONE, meaning i will need to pay for additional content ???

The PS3 GotY version lacks a bunch of content if I recall correctly. Stuff that can't even be purchased on PlayStation. So if you want the "best/complete" experience you want... well, PC... but barring that Xbox is next best bet.

User Info: Brettsky128

Brettsky128
3 weeks ago#3
Both systems have a GOTY version, but the Xbox version also has additional DLC you can purchase, like the best DLC of all time, horse armor. And from personal experience I found the Xbox version to run better, and that was on the 360, so on the One it'll be even better. Plus, if you ever upgrade to the X, it'll be in 4K!

Both games work just fine enough, though. Either way you're getting a masterpiece for its time.
Xbox: brettsky128 - PS: brettsky128 - Switch: brettsky128 - Steam: brettsky128 - GoG: brettsky128 gfaqs: brettsky128 - Youtube: brettsky128...

User Info: seankimberley42

seankimberley42
3 weeks ago#4
H_H_J_J posted...
PoorRetroGamer posted...

The PS3 GotY version lacks a bunch of content if I recall correctly. Stuff that can't even be purchased on PlayStation. So if you want the "best/complete" experience you want... well, PC... but barring that Xbox is next best bet.
"THEY'RE COMIN OUTTA THE WALLS, MAN, THEY'RE COMIN OUTTA THE GODDAMN WALLS!!" - R.I.P. Hicks
Innovation is the engine of tomorrow's economy

PoorRetroGamer
3 weeks ago#5
From the video comparisons, I saw the PS3 version textures are a bit blurry , and the colors are very washed in comparison to X360 brighter and colorful environments.

This is the main reason I want to purchase the game again.

Anyone knows if the X360 Goty version is compatible with XONE bc?
Consoles I own: Genesis, SAT, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, XBOX, PSP, X360, DS Lite, Wii (with GC retro), PS3, WiiU, PS4, XONE, New 3DS, NesMini, SnesMini, Switch

User Info: InfernalFive

InfernalFive
3 weeks ago#6
Without a doubt it's best on PC, and any potato from the last 5 years can run it. My 7 year old laptop can run it lol.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfabsU4xH1qzy531o1_500.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ggCrHk8.jpg

PoorRetroGamer
3 weeks ago#7
InfernalFive posted...
Without a doubt it's best on PC, and any potato from the last 5 years can run it. My 7 year old laptop can run it lol.

Well, I dont have a PC and Im typing from my smartphone,

My options are PS3 and XONE

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
3 weeks ago#8
Ps3 makes Bethesda games run like dog s***
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
3 weeks ago#9
There’s always the PC guy. This is a console board.
Look around...... we're all a bunch of ***holes

User Info: DarkReign2022

DarkReign2022
3 weeks ago#10
The 360 version of the game is vastly superior to the PS3 version and it runs even better on the Xbox One, so that's a no-brainer direction to go with. Fair warning if you buy the GOTY edition for the 360, it does not include a lot of the DLC. GOTY only includes 'Knights of the Nine' and 'Shiver Isles'. The rest, albeit small, added nifty little dungeons that each often offered specialized perks to the various class types you could play as.

Also note that if you do buy the GOTY for Xbox One, when installing it, make sure you insert the 2nd disc (Expansion disc) instead of the 1st disc. It will install the full game and GOTY DLC where the 1st disc will only register as the base game and the 2nd disc won't let you install the rest of the missing content.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Oblivion is best on XONE via bc or PS3 game of the year???
  • Topic Archived