• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Controller Issues on Xbox One X

User Info: hulkster23869

hulkster23869
4 weeks ago#1
I dropped nearly a grand on the system games and 4k movies. The controller syncs with the system for about two minutes and then disconnects. I cannot play any games and when I watch movies I have to hold down on the power button on the controller to get it to connect again so I can pause or whatever. How completely frustrating and irresponsible of Microsoft. What really sucks is I also traded in my ps4 for this since I got a new 4k TV I thought the 4k movies would be great with the xbox. Now I'm struggling to even watch any of my old dvds/blu ray library.

Any suggestions on how to fix or do I just need to buy a new controller and roll the dice?
3DS Friend Code: 0189-8130-9175

User Info: meestermj

meestermj
4 weeks ago#2
Have you tried power cycling the system?
I had to do this to stop some controller issues I was having.

1. Turn off the system
2. Hold the power button down for 15-30 seconds
3. Let it sit for a minute or two
4. Power up system and go from there
Psn: beastlytoast
Left-handed fire-slapsies leave me feeling confused about life. - Merydia

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
4 weeks ago#3
That’s a weird issue. Have you tried plugging it in? (Any micro USB chord works). Have you tried changing the batteries?

The other thing you could try is make sure your Xbox one x is plugged directly into the wall and not a power bar or extension chord.

I had some odd controller issues and that fixed it. My controller used to be able to turn the console off but not on.

If these don’t work contact Microsoft, that shouldn’t be happening
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.

User Info: OutlawJT

OutlawJT
4 weeks ago#4
I have the same problem with the controller that came with my X1X. Keeps desyncing randomly. The two-tone dusk controller I have stays synced to my X1X just fine though.
NS FC: SW-1014-1963-5814

User Info: FTWWholeFnShow

FTWWholeFnShow
4 weeks ago#5
Have you tried updating the firmware on the controller?
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/
Xbox One; Bennyhanna79

User Info: Snowtrpr

Snowtrpr
4 weeks ago#6
It's faulty, take it back for a new one (the controller).

User Info: hrj

hrj
3 weeks ago#7
I had the same issue. Do a hard reset and don't use instant on feature. That fixed it for me.
PSN/GT - Hennaboy

User Info: DXLR8R

DXLR8R
3 weeks ago#8
Yup, in addition to what everyone here said I also believe there is a way to power cycle the controller as well by hold the center button down similarly to how you hold the power button down for the console.
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox

User Info: dj___roll

dj___roll
3 weeks ago#9
hrj posted...
I had the same issue. Do a hard reset and don't use instant on feature. That fixed it for me.

Yeah, mostly just get rid of instant on. That’s the number one cause of issues on the console.

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
3 weeks ago#10
To the people not using instant on, have you tried changing where you plug your console in?

I had problems when I used a power bar with my X, switched to the wall plug and not one issue with my controller.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Controller Issues on Xbox One X
  • Topic Archived