• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one - fable?

User Info: ABU5

ABU5
1 month ago#1
PS3/4 owner here and a massive sony fangirl jk jk so fable..... Is it worth getting an Xbox one just for them three games? (am not really interested in any other Xbox exclusives, tho av always wanted to try out Alan wake aswell). I just love games like fable and I know I'd enjoy them but am not sure if it's worth it also considering they're past-gen games tho apparently aged well...

(I could get a used 360 for like 1/3 of the price of X1, is there much of a difference between the 360 and one version of the games (technically there shouldn't be but I've heard that anniversary plays better on XB1?)

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
1 month ago#2
I wouldn't say it's worth it for any one game or series but once you get it your likely to look into more it has to offer. May as well go with the one.
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
1 month ago#3
Depends on what you're looking for from Fable. If you're looking for a challenging RPG, it ain't that.

Fable is basically a charming sandbox where you mess around with stuff, in a world that happens to be filled with a lot of low brow English humor. Me and my wife love them but they aren't for everyone.

User Info: patoriku_tora

patoriku_tora
1 month ago#4
The Fable series is great. I had a lot of fond memories of playing Fable 3 co-op with my best friend...until I ran into a bizarre glitch where the game changed the sex of my character from male to female (while still having a male voice). The same glitch happened to me 3 times playing in co-op.

XBL: Riku Kurosaki15, PSN: Riku_Kurosaki15

User Info: ABU5

ABU5
1 month ago#5
Hey, thanks for the feedback.

Tbh I don't really care that much about the difficulty I just love fantasy RPGs in general, seen some gameplay videos aswell and it just looks great.

yea I get that, like I said am deffo trying out Alan wake aswell should I buy an Xbox.

Ahh that sucks. I'd be playing on me own anyway so fingers crossed I won't run into any glitches like that.

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
1 month ago#6
patoriku_tora posted...
...until I ran into a bizarre glitch where the game changed the sex of my character from male to female (while still having a male voice). The same glitch happened to me 3 times playing in co-op.

There's actually some stuff in game that will change your gender. A curse item for one I think, which doesn't directly list that in its effects. So it may not have been a bug so much as Fable being Fable.

User Info: patoriku_tora

patoriku_tora
1 month ago#7
H_H_J_J posted...
patoriku_tora posted...
...until I ran into a bizarre glitch where the game changed the sex of my character from male to female (while still having a male voice). The same glitch happened to me 3 times playing in co-op.

There's actually some stuff in game that will change your gender. A curse item for one I think, which doesn't directly list that in its effects. So it may not have been a bug so much as Fable being Fable.

No, it was a glitch. It randomly happened when loading a save and my character would have a male voice with a female body. Read what I said again.

XBL: Riku Kurosaki15, PSN: Riku_Kurosaki15

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
4 weeks ago#8
ABU5 posted...
PS3/4 owner here and a massive sony fangirl jk jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThJcHjCI9j4
"Social Justice is actually a good thing and so far we haven't seen anything bad really from it at all." ~ john7281
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox one - fable?
  • Topic Archived