• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can Gamestop come back and become a great game store once again....

User Info: JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991
4 weeks ago#51
When I was a kid and younger I used to love going into gamestop all bright eyed, was like a kid in a candy store. But as I got older and life happened and they got more and more pushy with their warranties, etc, like some other users have said, it just stopped being fun. I actually primarily became a pc gamer years ago, where cheap digital games are a dime a dozen and great deals can be had basically at any time, and for physical games for console, ebay/amazon were not only cheaper, but infinitely more convenient than going out to gamestop. About the only time I'd even go in recent years was to browse around a little on black friday if they had good deals, but my backlog also became so massive over the years I even quit that recently. I don't know of anybody irl that ever did it, but, I checked out their electronics trade in prices, and even their trade in prices for slightly older flagship phones are absolute garbage. Got offered 50 bucks for a 1.5 year old flagship LG V20 android at the time which was initially 800+ at launch at the tail end of 2016 for example. They just don't really have a purpose or use to me anymore, their garbage trade in prices for games and electronics certainly don't help matters, but the pushy sometimes rude/snooty workers didn't help matters either.
Ryzen 1700 8c/16t slight OC 3.2ghz, RX 480 8gb, 16gb ddr4 3000mhz, am4 pro4 mobo, 250gb samsung 840 ssd for os, ~4tb 7200rpm hdd storage

User Info: Oneshot1killa83

Oneshot1killa83
4 weeks ago#52
I went into my local GameStop earlier and they were acting like douche bags, they used to be nice but not anymore. f*** GameStop
https://m.youtube.com/user/Oneshot1killx83
https://mobile.twitter.com/v7_tonyv

User Info: lordxixor101

lordxixor101
4 weeks ago#53
I like GameStop to lots of companies out there. In GameStop 's heyday their customers hated them. They were just the best option. It's similar to Comcast right now. The day has come where consumers have other options and GameStop is in trouble. I likely see no way for them to survive unless they completely change what they are. Their best option would have been to only offer Cricket phone service in their stores as opposed to a separate brand.

Should be a warning to other companies that have poor customer service, at some point that bites you.
I love gamepass

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
4 weeks ago#54
Does anyone remember the gaming store Micro Play?
Go Leafs go!

User Info: brubie

brubie
4 weeks ago#55
JrTapia1991 posted...
When I was a kid and younger I used to love going into gamestop all bright eyed, was like a kid in a candy store. But as I got older and life happened and they got more and more pushy with their warranties, etc, like some other users have said, it just stopped being fun. I actually primarily became a pc gamer years ago, where cheap digital games are a dime a dozen and great deals can be had basically at any time, and for physical games for console, ebay/amazon were not only cheaper, but infinitely more convenient than going out to gamestop. About the only time I'd even go in recent years was to browse around a little on black friday if they had good deals, but my backlog also became so massive over the years I even quit that recently. I don't know of anybody irl that ever did it, but, I checked out their electronics trade in prices, and even their trade in prices for slightly older flagship phones are absolute garbage. Got offered 50 bucks for a 1.5 year old flagship LG V20 android at the time which was initially 800+ at launch at the tail end of 2016 for example. They just don't really have a purpose or use to me anymore, their garbage trade in prices for games and electronics certainly don't help matters, but the pushy sometimes rude/snooty workers didn't help matters either.

did you find some place to give you more than $50 for a 2016 LG phone?

User Info: ediotsavant

ediotsavant
4 weeks ago#56
Gamestop got no chance of surviving unless gamers decide to buy the physical game.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

User Info: characterz3ro

characterz3ro
4 weeks ago#57
If you want to make money start buying up wii u games. They will be worth a fortune.
...but it's only the beta!!!

User Info: hulkster23869

hulkster23869
4 weeks ago#58
I used to really hate Gamestop and I stopped shopping there years ago, but recently when no other retailer had the xbox one x with the red dead redemption 2 deal, I went to gamestop..

They were all sold out and tried calling many other gamestops in the area of which they were also all sold out. The manager came out of the back at that moment and told me they could give me one that was on hold for someone else (but hadn't picked up and was over their time limit). It was the x bundled with a digital copy of fallout 76. This version of the x was not on sale with red dead, but they gave it to me anyway. I ended up paying a couple hundred less than what the whole bundle was worth. The manager was great and really did provide excellent customer service.

They won me over as a customer again.
3DS Friend Code: 0189-8130-9175

User Info: Rings

Rings
4 weeks ago#59
AWarAmp84 posted...
Does anyone remember the gaming store Micro Play?

I certainly do... But that might be just a Canadian thing?
Xbox One X
Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40gHz / 16GB RAM / GeForce GTX 960

User Info: crucial

crucial
4 weeks ago#60
No store especially Gamestop can keep me from going all in on digital...
Sony gonna have to sell there butt's soon the way they are losing money.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can Gamestop come back and become a great game store once again....
  • Topic Archived