• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can Gamestop come back and become a great game store once again....

User Info: Mindbend8er

Mindbend8er
1 month ago#1
its being bought out I hope the new owners turn the store into something great. Im really hoping they start to push retro games more. But they have to do what is best for the business. Hopefully they make good changes to the store.

What are somethings Gamestop can do do you think that would make you want to shop there that they can do to make their store better.
game tag - mindbend8r

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
1 month ago#2
Mindbend8er posted...
...become a great game store once again...

It was never very good, just less bad. And no.

There's a why it vehemently pushes warranties you don't need, and why it has more shelf space dedicated to mugs and board games and Popcap dolls than video games. They can get buy on game and hardware sales alone.

People are going digital more and more. With stuff like Game Pass and game sharing it's not just more convenient now, it's better for most consumers. And Wal-Mart is a better option for hardware.

They're Blockbuster.

User Info: RealityCheckBro

RealityCheckBro
1 month ago#3
A secret GameStop does not let people know.

They DESTROY classic games to up the value of the ones they have by lowering the number in circulation.

How could you possibly want them touching more classics?

User Info: abbeldydoo

abbeldydoo
1 month ago#4
No physical game stores will ever be what they once were.Its sad but fact.In the case of Gamestop they COULD be a viable physical game store but it would take good management.
Gamefaqs.You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious

User Info: Samuraimoogle

Samuraimoogle
1 month ago#5
Trade secret. Retailers make zero dollars on console sales. That’s why they push all the extra crap like warranties so hard.
XboxLive: EvilMog

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
1 month ago#6
RealityCheckBro posted...
A secret GameStop does not let people know.

They DESTROY classic games to up the value of the ones they have by lowering the number in circulation.

How could you possibly want them touching more classics?

How dare they destroy all the copies of Madden 06 that aren't moving anymore.
Deadpool: the best Disney Princess

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
1 month ago#7
Lol gamestop good
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: KiltyMcBagpipes

KiltyMcBagpipes
1 month ago#8
It's 75% toy store at this point.
"Life is though, but its thougher when your stupid" - John Wayne

User Info: The_DOAM

The_DOAM
1 month ago#9
The only reason Gamestop is going down is because more and more retailers are picking up video games. In addition more and more retailers that have been selling games have taken up discounts and sales for those those games as well as other options. There was no buyers club a few years ago no rotating game discounts at Walmart. Physical media isn't dying but rather expanding farther and farther into the realm of big bix retail stores to the point dedicated stores can't keep up.

That said if one of those big box retailers bought Gamestop and gave them a little area as well as the same policies in lets say walmart or target stores across the country they very well could thrive.
Ignorance is Bliss...

User Info: thatguy181

thatguy181
1 month ago#10
I honestly don't know. I've not been in a GameStop for years now. Their piss poor used price offerings on "perfect" games (other than being opened, there's not a scratch, dent, or smudge on my games, all the original paperwork/case is intact and unread excluding any codes that I obviously used, etc.), their obsession with the resale market even after you've told them you want a NEW copy, their obsession and outflat lies concerning the "need" to preorder titles or be left in the cold for weeks if not months after release day.... I just stopped going. It wasn't a fun experience anymore. Plus I'm 100% on the digital train. So much so that I even returned a gift last Christmas just to buy the code for it instead and download the game :P It would take something major to get me back into a GameStop now.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Can Gamestop come back and become a great game store once again....
  • Topic Archived