• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Next Gen console must

User Info: brubie

brubie
4 weeks ago#1
currently we have great graphics, great audio, cool games to play, tons of variety.

what next gen needs #1 priority is zero load times. no waiting for game to boot, no waiting for menus to appear, no waiting for your save to load.
from being at the main UI screen it should take less than 10 seconds to be playing your saved game.

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
4 weeks ago#2
Game sharing.

My entire set up with my gf is two TVs, two Xbox’s, 2 seat recliner. I buy one copy of the game, one Xbox live subscription, and she gets access to all of it for free.

If that changes and we both need to buy a game next gen I don’t think we will bother. New games in Canada come to over $90 with taxes. That would be almost $200 plus 2 live subscriptions to play like we do now.
Dark Souls 2- Healing items, similar boss types = worst game in series
Bloodborne- Healing items, similar boss types = greatest game ever made.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#3
I don't know if I can play a next gen console until there's a compatible Elite style controller with paddles.

I can't go back to face buttons angmore. It's like trying to go back to a N64 controller.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: hrj

hrj
4 weeks ago#4
Correct me if I'm wrong but zero load times are impossible unless it's a cartridge based console is it not?
Pretty sure you can't do it with discs.
PSN/GT - Hennaboy

User Info: hrj

hrj
4 weeks ago#5
Zombody2 posted...
Game sharing.

My entire set up with my gf is two TVs, two Xbox’s, 2 seat recliner. I buy one copy of the game, one Xbox live subscription, and she gets access to all of it for free.

If that changes and we both need to buy a game next gen I don’t think we will bother. New games in Canada come to over $90 with taxes. That would be almost $200 plus 2 live subscriptions to play like we do now.

And this.
PSN/GT - Hennaboy

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
4 weeks ago#6
hrj posted...
Correct me if I'm wrong but zero load times are impossible unless it's a cartridge based console is it not?

God of war has no load screens and no camera cuts.

User Info: SepulturaGamer

SepulturaGamer
4 weeks ago#7
- Loading times
- Internal disk size (I have a 2TB internal in my PS4 and still need to delete games all the time because I like to play a lot of different games in a short period)
- Backwards compatibility for both disc games and digital games
- Continuation of the current game sharing system like others already said, my entire PS4 library is shared, if they would change that system that would be a small disaster.
- Settings and options, some games do it already but I would like to be able to choose between graphical quality and performance. I don't care as much about visual fidelity as I do about framerate.
Did Dr. Kleiner just tell us to get busy? - Alyx Vance

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 weeks ago#8
da_StoOge posted...
I don't know if I can play a next gen console until there's a compatible Elite style controller with paddles.

I can't go back to face buttons anymore. It's like trying to go back to a N64 controller.

i agree with a elite controller instead of thier normal controller.i had my elite controller for since xbox 1s launched and to this day i am still learning it

you voice your opinion on here and you get attacked for it. opinions is like a two lane street on here. yours is never correct

User Info: brubie

brubie
4 weeks ago#9
TheSL1Club posted...
hrj posted...

God of war has no load screens and no camera cuts.

does god of war have no load screen at all? you just launch the game and it goes right to the menu for selecting your save game? and then when you launch your saved game there is no loading? it just pops up in a couple seconds?

User Info: geertmatthys

geertmatthys
4 weeks ago#10
Lol good luck with that
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Next Gen console must
  • Topic Archived