• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How long until people don't need physical games

User Info: kingvortex

kingvortex
1 month ago#111
H_H_J_J posted...
kingvortex posted...
Do I have to post that laughing gif again? They will never give up the additional revenue streams they've introduced now.

No, you need to work on reading comprehension maybe though. "Going forward" means "in the future." As in: they won't be as pressed to find more new revenue streams to offset increasing expenses as costs continue to rise due to inflation marching onward and advances in technology constantly requiring more work, and thus time/man power/money. FYI, 8K is already a thing.

Jesus, you're tiresome.

He said they will reduce prices when those pesky physical games are gone.

I said they won't.

You came in and demonstrated why they won't. Costs are increasing.

Anything else is you being argumentative and difficult for no reason. I notice this is a theme with you.
Meh

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
1 month ago#112
kingvortex posted...
H_H_J_J posted...
kingvortex posted...
Do I have to post that laughing gif again? They will never give up the additional revenue streams they've introduced now.

No, you need to work on reading comprehension maybe though. "Going forward" means "in the future." As in: they won't be as pressed to find more new revenue streams to offset increasing expenses as costs continue to rise due to inflation marching onward and advances in technology constantly requiring more work, and thus time/man power/money. FYI, 8K is already a thing.

Jesus, you're tiresome.

He said they will reduce prices when those pesky physical games are gone.

I said they won't.

You came in and demonstrated why they won't. Costs are increasing.

Anything else is you being argumentative and difficult for no reason. I notice this is a theme with you.

No it's really not. This is just another example of you being shortsighted.

If costs are increasing, and they are, then companies will look for ways to offset those costs . Agreed?

If costs decrease they no longer have as much incentive to increase prices or find new revenue streams. Agreed?

If companies no longer have to produce physical media and thus no longer have to manufacture, warehouse, and ship product, and no longer have middlemen taking a cut from those more expensive iterations of their products then costs decrease and revenue increases. Agreed?

Which means that while his suggestion won't likely see fruition your argument is no less flawed. Since while they might not reduce prices it reduces incentive to increase prices and find yet more revenue streams.

So writing off the notion of it making things cheaper for the consumer is, in the long run, no less fallacious than thinking they will automatically lower prices when costs go down.

And beyond that, it holds substantially more water then the completely incorrect suggestion that console manufacturers would have a monopoly. Since, after all, we have Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all competing with each other thus negating the notion of a monopoly. Publishers no longer manufacturing physical media doesn't change that, and true competition as far as pricing goes doesn't exist RIGHT NOW anyway since all the major publishers engage in price fixing with standardized pricing.

That's not being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. It's pointing out that your argument is at least (actually significantly more so) as wrong as the argument you were trying to refute.

But I guess me pointing how obviously wrong your argument is boils down to just being argumentative while you attacking someone else's is just dandy because... you know... that reason that I'm sure you'd tell everyone except it's top secret classified! (Psst, don't tell anyone; it's hypocrisy, the reason is hypocrisy)

User Info: kingvortex

kingvortex
1 month ago#113
https://media.giphy.com/media/xUA7bis12t1j2cMRNe/giphy.gif

Seriously, f*** off and argue about nothing with someone else. I'm not bothered enough to read your bulls***.
Meh
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How long until people don't need physical games
  • Topic Archived