You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Forbes calls out Metacritic for their shady article about Xbox exclusives 2018
Original shady anti Microsoft article from Metacritic gets called out and corrected.

Did The Xbox One Really Have Zero Positively Reviewed Exclusives In 2018?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2019/01/09/did-the-xbox-one-really-have-zero-positively-reviewed-games-in-2018/#25715b9e3189

"Microsoft failed to offer a compelling case to pick up an Xbox One rather than another console in 2018," writes Metacritic in a post detailing the "great games" and "good exclusives" of 2018. "The best 'console exclusive' titles released for XB1 last year could also be played on your PC, and there wasn't a single game exclusive to Xbox One alone that received positive reviews from critics."

But is this true?

I'm not so sure. Microsoft has abandoned traditional Xbox One exclusives almost entirely. The "Play Anywhere" program has meant that for the past couple years, all of Microsoft's big Xbox One exclusives have also launched on PC. This is an incredibly consumer-friendly move, benefiting both Xbox gamers and PC gamers.

While there's no doubt at all that Microsoft has been behind the competition when it comes to exclusives, it's also true that releasing Xbox One exclusives on PC (and charging once for both copies) is a practice that many PC gamers wish Sony would also adopt.

Imagine Bloodborne and God of War on PC as well as PS4? You'll have to imagine because that's firmly in the realm of wishful thinking. Meanwhile, Microsoft did release an Xbox One exclusive (which also came out on PC) that was one of the best-reviewed games of the year. Claiming that the Xbox One had zero positive exclusives may be factually correct, but it still feels disingenuous.

Got damn talk about getting called out for being anti Microsoft and Pro Sony
"I can confidently say that graphics matter, because I played through Killzone: Shadow Fall"-Shuhei Yoshida

User Info: nems1015

nems1015
1 week ago#2
Lol metacritic.

That is so 2018
Currently playing : DOOM (1X), COD: Blops4 (1X), COD: MW Remastered (1X), NBA2K19 (1X), Diablo 3 (1X), Farcry 5 (1X)

User Info: DeadCellScorpio

DeadCellScorpio
1 week ago#3
Another Forbes editor backs and supports Microsofts highest rated exclusive for 2018 being only one point behind God Of War 2018.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2019/01/10/contrary-to-metacritic-there-are-powerful-reasons-to-buy-an-xbox-one/#5b121324081c

Metacritic doesn’t consider the fourth-best reviewed game of 2018, Forza Horizon 4, as an Xbox exclusive even though it isn’t available on any other console. Erik also rightly points out Microsoft’s Play Anywhere policy is a huge benefit for players because one purchase gives you the game on both Xbox and PC. Thanks to Play Anywhere, Forza Horizon 4 was the only one of the top five best-reviewed games of 2018 that was playable on PC. Metacritic's assertion that there were no positively Xbox games last year is so far off base that it’s not even in the stadium
"I can confidently say that graphics matter, because I played through Killzone: Shadow Fall"-Shuhei Yoshida

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 week ago#4
Imagine Bloodborne and God of War on PC as well as PS4?

You dont need to. Bloodborne is on PSnow.
The PSY of gamefaqs
Care to ...dance?

User Info: DeadCellScorpio

DeadCellScorpio
1 week ago#5
sillyrascal posted...

That's true!

User Info: calinks

calinks
1 week ago#6
The article was definitely trying to take some shots at the Xbox. With that said, they absolutely are getting terribly beat down in the exclusive conversation. Still, I think its pretty dickish to dismiss their games because they let people play them on PC. It plays into the silly notion that everyone has a capable gaming PC and everyone prefers to play games on that as opposed to a console. On top of that, its not a bad thing that for the people who do have a capable PC and like to play on PC, they get the option to get those games.

Besides in a decade this will probably be a silly notion because everyone will be giving consumer the ability to stream or download their games on multiple devices.
Full greatness on display!
https://youtu.be/KjSLiDuwXDA

User Info: xboxgamer2014

xboxgamer2014
1 week ago#7
DeadCellScorpio posted...
sillyrascal posted...

That's true!

Really? Not exclusive then
gamertag & psn: rasen145

sillyrascal
1 week ago#8
xboxgamer2014 posted...
sillyrascal posted...

That's true!

Exclusive means one console only. Sony surrendered any right to call any game exclusive when they tried to sell another console on the virtue it played all the PS4s library.

Showing up on PSnow is like announcing a Linux version of Breath of the Wild. It was already multi with WiiU.

The sanctity of exclusivity once breached, cannot be undone. Its like being a virgin....whatever thats like.
The PSY of gamefaqs
Care to ...dance?
(edited 1 week ago)

sillyrascal
1 week ago#9
xboxgamer2014 posted...
sillyrascal posted...

That's true!

Feast your eyes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KTHjMJX6ZEc
The PSY of gamefaqs
Care to ...dance?

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
1 week ago#10
Imagine living in a world where a super consumer-friendly practice like Play Anywhere is used as ammo to s*** on a company... and people actually BELIEVE it.
Less Xbox, more tackle box
XBL GT: M0NSTERRA1N
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Forbes calls out Metacritic for their shady article about Xbox exclusives 2018