• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. RIP Prima Games guidebooks...

User Info: Cnoggl01

Cnoggl01
1 week ago#1
Prima is shutting down, no more guidebooks. While I didn’t use them a lot for actual walkthroughs, some of them have made nice collector’s items.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/9/18079380/prima-games-shutting-down
Currently owned consoles: X1X, Switch, PS4
You are not the official anything, of anywhere.

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
1 week ago#2
When i first read this i was actually shocked that they were still going. The last Prima Guide I bought was Majoras Mask for the N64.
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Man got me a 9 and she sexy.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
1 week ago#3
That sucks. I have a collection of guides for Final Fantasy games. Whenever a Final Fantasy game came out I would always buy either the Prima or Bradygames guide. I have the hard cover book for FFXIII and FFXIII-2. All the guides have beautiful artwork in them.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
1 week ago#4
I might have to pick up their RDR 2 guide as my very last prima guide.
Look around...... we're all a bunch of ***holes

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
1 week ago#5
Last time I used them was for their UMVC3 book. Which now that I think about it... I f***ing lost when I moved.

Con flabbit I lost a ton of crap and didn't notice until a year later.

R.I.P prima
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
I'm disrespectful and angry all the time. TJM

User Info: H_H_J_J

H_H_J_J
1 week ago#6
Well, that's expected. The most surprising thing is they lasted as long as they did.

I mean, paper-based media isn't exactly booming and they stayed with it far too long before investing in digital at all and still had far too much of their company focused on paper. And even at their height their guides often missed a lot of things, and were frequently inaccurate. And of course with a lot of games now getting additional content post- launch, and physical guides being unsurprisingly static... not good. And even after they started offering guides, well, you can't exactly compete with YouTube and GameFaqs and everyone else giving it away for free, and doing so more accurately and completely.

They were just... bad. A dinosaur still strangely roaming the Earth, waiting to die and head off into extinction.

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
1 week ago#7
*pours out a bottle of [insert name of beverage here] in remembrance of PrimaGames* 😭
"Social Justice is actually a good thing and so far we haven't seen anything bad really from it at all." ~ john7281

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
1 week ago#8
I'm surprised game guide books have lasted this long. Since the internet saw widespread adoption you could easily find guides made by players for free and easy. And most games are pretty straight forward as it is
(message deleted)

User Info: rhklce

rhklce
1 week ago#10
I didn’t even know they were still around. I hope they are able to find a way to continue doing what they love.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. RIP Prima Games guidebooks...
  • Topic Archived