• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Age of Empires - Definitive Edition for Xbox has apparently leaked.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 week ago#1
https://i.imgtc.com/e7pjzTP.jpg

Found this on Reddit, possible XO18 announcement?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
1 week ago#2
Looks like the X018 announcements are coming into fruition.

We'll See crackdown 3, Sea of thieves DLC , Shadow of the tomb raider DLC and one announcement of a company they've obtained ( Obsidian).

This looks to be one of the Mouse and KB games they will tout.

I'm hoping for one surprise.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN::ExempliGratia
I can't see half of the people posting anymore

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
1 week ago#3
Nice of you to add my link agentspoon. (-:

This probably means that keyboard and mouse support will be arriving on the Xbox One console soon to the general public as has been announced a few months ago. I already have my extra keyboard and mouse ready to connect to my Xbox One X.

Imagine being able to play Ao3 1, 2, 3 and the upcoming AoE4, Civilization series, Total War Series, World of Warcraft, Starcraft series, Master of Orion series, Paradox Grand Strategy Games and other AAA strategy games on console.

Sony will be left behind if they don't follow suit.

I also would like to use the mouse in fps games because of the more precise aiming I can achieve with a mouse.

User Info: PJ_Thorn

PJ_Thorn
1 week ago#4
FireDrakeZ posted...

This probably means that keyboard and mouse support will be arriving on the Xbox One console soon to the general public as has been announced a few months ago. I already have my extra keyboard and mouse ready to connect to my Xbox One X.

Imagine being able to play Ao3 1, 2, 3 and the upcoming AoE4, Civilization series, Total War Series, World of Warcraft, Starcraft series, Master of Orion series, Paradox Grand Strategy Games and other AAA strategy games on console.

I also would like to use the mouse in fps games because of the more precise aiming I can achieve with a mouse.

M/K would destroy the FPS community on consoles.

User Info: redditon4chan

redditon4chan
1 week ago#5
PJ_Thorn posted...
FireDrakeZ posted...

In b4 someone downplays this comment.
10-9-8-7-triple 6-5-forked tongue. PSN/XBL - redditon4chan

FireDrakeZ
1 week ago#6
I don't think developers will allow m/k support in fps online games together with gamepads. They have to be separate. Otherwise gamepad users will be at a disadvantage.

However I prefer controllers on hack and slash games because of the more precise control that the analog sticks on the gamepad gives me when moving my characters and camera control.

It is nice to have alternative control setups like the PC and now the Xbox One provides but in the interest of balance they have to separate k/m users from gamepad owners in fps games.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 week ago#7
PJ_Thorn posted...

It would be upto the Dev how KB&M is implemented. They would split Controller and KB&M into their own groups and you would only play against them or Controllers would get Aim-Assist/Auto-Aim etc.

Its upto the Devs.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: PJ_Thorn

PJ_Thorn
1 week ago#8
agentspoon posted...
PJ_Thorn posted...

It would be upto the Dev how KB&M is implemented. They would split Controller and KB&M into their own groups and you would only play against them or Controllers would get Aim-Assist/Auto-Aim etc.

Its upto the Devs.

Yeah, i don't think taking the smallest installed user base, than fracturing it into subgroups based on controller schemes is a good path for MS to allow. But yes, the devs could implement some kind of control restrictions....assuming third parties don't engineer a work around.

User Info: bossk5

bossk5
1 week ago#9
Do want!
PissandmoanFAQS
I buy used games

FireDrakeZ
1 week ago#10
World of Warcraft guys. Imagine being able to play it on your Xbox One.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Age of Empires - Definitive Edition for Xbox has apparently leaked.
  • Topic Archived