• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. To everyone that enjoys upsetting Sony fans about how much better Xbox One X is

User Info: NintendoBoom

NintendoBoom
1 week ago#1
How will you react if in the next generation war, the next Sony console ends up being more powerful than the new Xbox? The PS5 would then be the best console for third party games as well as their exclusives (basically the same position Microsoft is currently in)

Would you still stick with the new Xbox or jump to PlayStation for the more powerful console?

I know a couple people that’s started with PS4, jumped to Xbox One X and said they will jump to whichever next gem console has the most power.

User Info: chaosslayer

chaosslayer
1 week ago#2
But what if Sony starts with the most powerful console for 2-3 years and then Microsoft release an even more powerful console like they did this gen?

Or what if Microsoft starts with the most powerful console next gen for 2-3 years and then Sony comes out with a console with twice the power that blows the new Xbox away...

Are you gonna jump ship every time?

Or just own Xbox/PlayStation and Switch

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
1 week ago#3
Everyone who participates in the console war is a dumbass.
A nerd's eyes are black, black like a doll's eyes...

chaosslayer
1 week ago#4
vigorm0rtis posted...

Console wars have always existed since the 8 bit days but really heated up in the 16 bit era (Megadrive vs SNES)

Dunno if it’s just me getting older but fanboy console wars seem to get more and more annoying and pathetic every new generation.

User Info: xSublimex

xSublimex
1 week ago#5
I'll always main Xbox. I like the direction. Buying credible studios, Game Pass and looking to make games accessible for mobile phones/devices and stream my library of games to them. I'll buy a PS5 some time down the road for the exclusives

User Info: K_ROC

K_ROC
1 week ago#6
chaosslayer posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

Console wars have always existed since the 8 bit days but really heated up in the 16 bit era (Megadrive vs SNES)

Dunno if it’s just me getting older but fanboy console wars seem to get more and more annoying and pathetic every new generation.

They most definitely have become more stupid. At least those consoles had pretty exclusive games. Now 90% of the games people play are multiplat so it doesn’t even matter which console you use because you’ll be able to play it almost the same level. Even though there are really good exclusives now, I don’t think any warrant a purchase of a console. This is coming from a guy who owns both too.
GT: TheBootyTrain
PSN: Fancy-Raptor

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 week ago#7
MS has to go balls to the wall with hardware. The X is king. Only kings can succeed kings. Otherwise we'll end up with another pspro situation.

Sony is aiming for $399. The pro isnt enough to carry them.
PSN:bcukIMPERIUM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-16559385043077_2086_9339952

User Info: MrBonestripper

MrBonestripper
1 week ago#8
vigorm0rtis posted...

I can think of one MS white knight that is their king. But aside from that, I think of it more as fanboy wars, not consoles. It's the fanboys that go back and forth with this kind of crap.

I have an X, PS4, and a Switch hooked up on the same TV. No problems here. The Switch doesn't give a s*** the other two are there. The PS4 is next to the X and they both mind there own business. The X gets along fine with its shelf mates.

I know what you mean though. I don't know why people can't respect others' choices in platform and games. Just play what you wish and lay off with the fanboy crap.
"Good news, soldier. Your leg only got a scratch. Bad news is your leg is over there." Col. Archibald Barisol, 1968

chaosslayer
1 week ago#9
It’s nice to see some sensible people in this topic that just enjoy playing games whatever the console is (next gen/retro) etc.

User Info: kingvortex

kingvortex
1 week ago#10
Topic should have been:

To everyone that enjoys upsetting Sony fans about how much better Xbox One X is, you need to grow up and stop being f***ing idiots.
Meh
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. To everyone that enjoys upsetting Sony fans about how much better Xbox One X is
  • Topic Archived