I like PUBG but Blackout is better in every way.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I like PUBG but Blackout is better in every way.

User Info: TBONE_OG

TBONE_OG
4 weeks ago#81
GTAcrazy posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...

Aim assist is a feature in console shooters meant to make up for the lack of precision you get with a thumb stick. It has nothing to do with being casual. Obviously it can be more severe in some games than others but without it, you are just making firefights overly frustrating and complicated because of the shortcomings of using your thumb to aim. Having a slight aim assist makes firefights more fun and less like a couple of drunk people running in circles trying to hit each other for 5 minutes because console controllers are far from ideal for accurate aiming.

PUBG has no aim assist on consoles.
Your whole response just became completely irrelevant.

I'm aware of that. It's not even an argument. It's an explanation of why aim assist is implemented on consoles.

Everyone knows why aim assist is implemented on consoles. You don't need to explain that.

f*** aim assist in a multiplayer setting. A f***ing crutch for bad players. I'm glad Pubg doesn't have it.

Fortnite is popular, yes, and making tons of cash. I won't say it's bad because of that reason. Huge success. But it's a free, kiddy version of Pubg.
Always O.G.

User Info: WallyWeasel

WallyWeasel
4 weeks ago#82
Can you drop shot in BO? That alone would ruin the game for me. Just like the constant jump shooting in fortnite.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#83
codman4 posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
ill-thoughts posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
Elder Scrolls Battle Royale.

yo this would be amazing for a few reasons.

It really would actually. You start out as nobody but by the final circle everyone is leveled up having taken thier character in whatever direction they wanted. Maybe pick up some random one time use shouts spread across the map.

Uh, this is actually an incredible idea. You should get some sort of credit if it ever happens.

Thanks! I would love it! Wizards and rogues battling it out. We haven’t seen anything yet in the battle royale genre. It’s going to spawn some creative ideas.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin
"Come in here dear boy, have a cigar. You're gonna go far."

User Info: calinks

calinks
4 weeks ago#84
I really want to try it. I never get call of duty games but I may actually jump on ship for this one. I love the concept of Battle Royale.
Dragon Age is hilarious!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqJVUPPegMY

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
4 weeks ago#85
WallyWeasel posted...
Can you drop shot in BO? That alone would ruin the game for me. Just like the constant jump shooting in fortnite.

Actually no. They finally took that out. When you drop the gun bounces and one hand comes off it so you can’t shoot for a bit. Enough to make dropping useless.
I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.
GT: Net Sh4rk
(message deleted)

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
4 weeks ago#87
TBONE_OG posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...

Aim assist is a feature in console shooters meant to make up for the lack of precision you get with a thumb stick. It has nothing to do with being casual. Obviously it can be more severe in some games than others but without it, you are just making firefights overly frustrating and complicated because of the shortcomings of using your thumb to aim. Having a slight aim assist makes firefights more fun and less like a couple of drunk people running in circles trying to hit each other for 5 minutes because console controllers are far from ideal for accurate aiming.

I'm aware of that. It's not even an argument. It's an explanation of why aim assist is implemented on consoles.

Everyone knows why aim assist is implemented on consoles. You don't need to explain that.

f*** aim assist in a multiplayer setting. A f***ing crutch for bad players. I'm glad Pubg doesn't have it.

Fortnite is popular, yes, and making tons of cash. I won't say it's bad because of that reason. Huge success. But it's a free, kiddy version of Pubg.

I'm fine with reticle slowdown in most games but not auto-rotation (when you aim and it snaps to the closest enemy). I turn that off in Battlefield games as it messes up my aim more than anything.
PUBG should never have aim assist as it will ruin the whole stealth aspect of the game. It's fine as is.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#88
TBONE_OG posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...

I don't mind a small amount of aim assist with console online shooters. I don't feel like it has any effect on good players. I like having fun above all else and I don't find it very fun when my opponents offer no challenge. If aim assist helps an otherwise bad player be a little better then that doesn't bother me because it's just a video game and the playing field is evened out regardless because everyone is free to use it.

With a good online shooter, aim assist is implemented to balance out the flow of the game and keep things fun and accessible for new players, while not hindering experienced players in any way, regardless of the limitations of a thumb stick. A thumb stick is not ideal. I shoot guns in real life and it's far easier than shooting with a thumb stick in a video game without aim assist, so I don't see the point in making it unnecessarily complicated when the real skill of winning these games is awareness and tactical positioning. It's just a matter of getting the aim assist just right because there are a lot of games that go too far with it and that's annoying.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin
"Come in here dear boy, have a cigar. You're gonna go far."

User Info: WallyWeasel

WallyWeasel
3 weeks ago#89
Net Shark posted...
WallyWeasel posted...

Actually no. They finally took that out. When you drop the gun bounces and one hand comes off it so you can’t shoot for a bit. Enough to make dropping useless.

Awesome.

User Info: Net Shark

Net Shark
3 weeks ago#90
WallyWeasel posted...
Net Shark posted...
WallyWeasel posted...

Awesome.

So until all the drop shooters adjust you can get a free head shot on them as they lay there unable to aim. 😜
I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.
GT: Net Sh4rk
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I like PUBG but Blackout is better in every way.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived