Xbox One sales have nearly doubled since 2017 says NPD (Dayum!)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One sales have nearly doubled since 2017 says NPD (Dayum!)

User Info: ThanosSupreme

ThanosSupreme
1 week ago#1
yo wass up guys

Xbox One is doing rather well.
https://gph.to/2MbAj0v

like it or not :-)

There's one for the history books. According to The NPD Group, in June 2018, the Nintendo Entertainment System Classic (NES Classic) outsold both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. While the PlayStation 4 was the highest-selling platform in terms of revenue, the NES Classic sold the most units. Apparently, this is the first tiime a NES console has topped monthly sales since NPD tracking began in 1995.

Nice! nintendo doing it's thing. the NES classic outsold all your consoles of choices this is great.

Aside from sharing these statistics, NPD analyst Mat Piscatella said that Xbox One dollar sales have nearly doubled since last year. Hopefully this trend will continue in the future. In order to make the console more appealing, Microsoft needs to release exclusive sooner rather than later. However, with next-generation machines rumored for 2020, it's unclear just how much of a push the Xbox One can witness.

the great news continue for the Xbox One in dollar sales i'm sure the Xbox One X had a hand in that as well. as it's been outselling it's competition the PS4 Pro since it launched putting up double it's Pro counterpart numbers

it's also true about what they said about their exclusives needing to come out sooner than later but like a impatient child making said games takes time. look at Sony they were touting indie games galore as exclusives for the first 3 years of the consoles life span until they finally got their exclusives rolling. it takes time

BUT with that being said with exclusives like Cuphead hitting the 3 million mark, Sea Of Thieves making Microsoft bank with a huge online community (something the rival consoles do not boast in their exclusives) a long with State Of Decay 2 outselling big AAA titles like God Of War and Detroit Become Human Microsoft can take it's sweet time making those exclusives now with great studios joining the team.

with games like Crackdown 3 and the undisputed undefeated KANG of racers coming later this year Forza Horizon 4 it will be another huge hit for Microsoft now that it has game pass (boasting also what the competition of consoles can't provide a cutting edge native 4K and 60FPs for an exclusive) I expect Horizon 4 to do double the numbers of Horizon 3 (the current best racing franchise and exclusive racer this gen)

discuss
"That's how I determine which one to buy.No moved goalposts for me whichever one outperforms the other wins." - quincy2000a
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MachineZed

MachineZed
1 week ago#2
I still believe the 28million EA claimed. They are by far the most reputable source. This NPD has an agenda, not EA. /sarcasm
Stop trolling him. Me and Kinjo are trying to have an intelligent conversation. -SayGoDj

User Info: MrAsh505

MrAsh505
1 week ago#3
Still don't like that they are vague with everything. If they can tell us how many hours of Twitch they streamed for SoT, they can give us an up front number for sales.
GameFAQ's Number 1, Numbers Guy.

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
1 week ago#4
MrAsh505 posted...
Still don't like that they are vague with everything. If they can tell us how many hours of Twitch they streamed for SoT, they can give us an up front number for sales.

I honestly wish that all the console makers would go this route and stop releasing sales numbers to the general public. That would definitely cut down on the trolling, and seeing as myself and many others are not share holders the sales numbers are useless information anyways
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjqb3AKndYc

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
1 week ago#5
Great news for gamers around the world!!
PS4 80+ million Xbox 40+ million
XBL: xHedon PSN: Kvally

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 week ago#6
It sold 12 million worldwide last year (sold through)
Xbox only sells in the US
Xbox One doubled sales this year in the US
Thus Xbox to sell 24 million worldwide this year

65 million sold through by January 1st

Absolutely beyond incredible!!
PSN:bcukIMPERIUM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-16559385043077_2086_9339952
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
1 week ago#7
sillyrascal posted...

I am just floored. Those are mind blowing statistics. Can it get any better than that?
PS4 80+ million Xbox 40+ million
XBL: xHedon PSN: Kvally

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 week ago#8
The_Hedon posted...
sillyrascal posted...

I am just floored. Those are mind blowing statistics. Can it get any better than that?

I am certain they will.
PSN:bcukIMPERIUM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-16559385043077_2086_9339952

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
1 week ago#9
The_Hedon posted...
sillyrascal posted...

Yes. A meltdown from Quincy would be cherry on top.

User Info: CommonSense

CommonSense
1 week ago#10
When I’m not traveling Italy with my girlfriend for her photoshoots, I’m playing Xbox.
"Not going to read through this whole thread" - Gamefaqs Moderator Pitaya
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One sales have nearly doubled since 2017 says NPD (Dayum!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.