• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Could State Of Decay 2 Plummeting To 20th In One Month Affect It's Quality?

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
4 months ago#1
https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/01/june-2018-npd-mario-tennis-aces-serves-up-a-smash-hit-for-nintendo/

The reason I am so concerned for the future of State of Decay 2 is because just look at the first game!! State of Decay 1 is STILL a broken, unfinished game that I am afraid will never be fixed.

The developers have given up on part 1 a long time ago, and I'm afraid they could do the same with the sequel.

Combine that with the game dropping all the way down to 20th place in just one month does not give me hope that these developers will ever polish State of Decay 2 and may just give up yet again on releasing a high quality product.

I understand that this is an indie developer. But there are plenty of indie developers who continually release high quality games. I hate to say this, but I am becoming more skeptical of these State of Decay developers releasing a good quality product.

Your thoughts?

Discuss.
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick
(message deleted)

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
4 months ago#3
A deluge of personal skewing and subjective opinion can certainly cause concern in any facet of life, particularly if you're overly invested in the single-minded pursuit of imposing your beliefs.

For example, if I was negatively aligned towards eating carrots and constantly reassured carrot fans that carrots were disgusting, yet STILL spent all of my time doing anti-carrot protesting in a pro-carrot space, a statistic showing a temporary sales slump in root vegetables might appear like a godsend to that individual - despite being nothing more than a statistical burp to anyone else (including the aforementioned pro-carroters).

The point? Anything can seem like a monumental issue if you're overly invested, but even more so if you're utilising that information as negative energy to utilise as ammunition.

The former camp (The fans) are great. They have something to love, enjoy, indulge in. The latter ("concerned" trolls) have a distinctly negative sociological disorder.

As an aside, I'm seeing an increased posting frequency in certain troll accounts since other well-known trolls recently received cautions. Correlations are obvious. My personal feeling is really just one of pity. Does nobody just enjoy loving what they love any longer? Is ratty spite really fun to indulge in?
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: krazykiwikid

krazykiwikid
4 months ago#4
SigmaLongshot posted...
A deluge of personal skewing and subjective opinion can certainly cause concern in any facet of life, particularly if you're overly invested in the single-minded pursuit of imposing your beliefs.

For example, if I was negatively aligned towards eating carrots and constantly reassured carrot fans that carrots were disgusting, yet STILL spent all of my time doing anti-carrot protesting in a pro-carrot space, a statistic showing a temporary sales slump in root vegetables might appear like a godsend to that individual - despite being nothing more than a statistical burp to anyone else (including the aforementioned pro-carroters).

The point? Anything can seem like a monumental issue if you're overly invested, but even more so if you're utilising that information as negative energy to utilise as ammunition.

The former camp (The fans) are great. They have something to love, enjoy, indulge in. The latter ("concerned" trolls) have a distinctly negative sociological disorder.

As an aside, I'm seeing an increased posting frequency in certain troll accounts since other well-known trolls recently received cautions. Correlations are obvious. My personal feeling is really just one of pity. Does nobody just enjoy loving what they love any longer? Is ratty spite really fun to indulge in?

So.... your favourite snack is a carrot?

Brilliant post though. Bravo.
If you wish to make a topic about Xbox One then do so. What happens with the PlayStation has nothing to do with Xbox - Gamefaqs moderator
(message deleted)

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
4 months ago#6
To be honest, I do not have any faith in these developers finishing this game in terms of quality. Even if it came in 1st place 2 months in a row I would still be skeptical.

But since it has fallen all the way down to 20th in just a single month, it just doesn't give me any confidence in the developers at all.

Just look at the first game. Still a shoddy unfinished mess.
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
4 months ago#7
https://media.giphy.com/media/sTVZ4LHZQz3G/giphy.gif
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: velvet_hammer

velvet_hammer
4 months ago#8
Cant get much worse than s*** quality no one wants to buy.

I dont understand TCs question
GT4 showing Forza how 2 pitstop ever since
GOTY Nier "We are Homo Ludens. We are those who play."

User Info: Otterz4Life

Otterz4Life
4 months ago#9
How much have you played?
GT: Otterz4LIFE

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
4 months ago#10
velvet_hammer posted...
Cant get much worse than s*** quality no one wants to buy.

I dont understand TCs question

But GT Sport is a PS Exclusive...

I don't understand your comment.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Could State Of Decay 2 Plummeting To 20th In One Month Affect It's Quality?
  • Topic Archived