why won't my game install..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. why won't my game install..

User Info: OrgeLambart

OrgeLambart
3 weeks ago#1
trying to install and play Sea of Thieves and my xbox won't download the update... it's stopping at like 7.2%...
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 weeks ago#2
If no one here knows try calling 1-800-4my-xbox, and they might be able to troubleshoot the problem with you.

OrgeLambart
3 weeks ago#3
Hucast9 posted...
If no one here knows try calling 1-800-4my-xbox, and they might be able to troubleshoot the problem with you.

man I thought when I switched up from Console to PC I had to learn alot, I thought consoles were supposed to be easy just put in the disc and play.. been going on nearly an hour and this stupid update won't go..

ugh to get it to work I had to uninstall the original patch to the game, and then reinstall the game and now it's finally updating.. jeezus..

Hucast9
3 weeks ago#4
OrgeLambart posted...
Hucast9 posted...

man I thought when I switched up from Console to PC I had to learn alot, I thought consoles were supposed to be easy just put in the disc and play.. been going on nearly an hour and this stupid update won't go..

ugh to get it to work I had to uninstall the original patch to the game, and then reinstall the game and now it's finally updating.. jeezus..

Might be an interruption in your internet service. Maybe your internet service provider is the problem. Or maybe not.

OrgeLambart
3 weeks ago#5
Hucast9 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
Hucast9 posted...

Might be an interruption in your internet service. Maybe your internet service provider is the problem. Or maybe not.

na my internet isn't the issue.. have comcast, business internet, get something like 600 down and 100 or something up.. It's not my internet, it's the friggin xbox service..

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
3 weeks ago#6
OrgeLambart posted...
Hucast9 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
Hucast9 posted...

na my internet isn't the issue.. have comcast, business internet, get something like 600 down and 100 or something up.. It's not my internet, it's the friggin xbox service..

I've never had to do anything except press the install button on Xbox One since 2015.

OrgeLambart
3 weeks ago#7
kyncani posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
Hucast9 posted...
OrgeLambart posted...
Hucast9 posted...

I've never had to do anything except press the install button on Xbox One since 2015.

that's why you should have to do, but for some reason the xbox servers are crap atm.. Even ran speed test to make sure it wasn't me,, my internet is humming along at tremendous speeds.. it's the crapper Xbox servers not downloading the game.

takes me about 5 minutes to download Fallout 4 on my pc.. yet my xbox taking almost 40 minutes to 38% a 17 gb patch.. wow,,

Hucast9
3 weeks ago#8
tc check if you have open, moderate, or strict NAT when you do an internet connection test.

OrgeLambart
3 weeks ago#9
Hucast9 posted...
tc check if you have open, moderate, or strict NAT when you do an internet connection test.

I don't need to do that, mine is normally set to moderate.. Tried years ago when I was into console gaming to set it to open but had almost no luck..

Hucast9
3 weeks ago#10
OrgeLambart posted...
Hucast9 posted...

I don't need to do that, mine is normally set to moderate.. Tried years ago when I was into console gaming to set it to open but had almost no luck..

Try getting into the modem's settings. Look for a setting called "IP" which is problably under firewall or gaming. Set that to passthrough. Look for a setting called UPNP and set that to "enable" or on. Keep in mind that some modems don't have a UPNP setting.

You can also manually try to open the port for Xbox Live. I'm pretty sure the port that you want to open is 3074. This won't harm your modem or anything. Just google "How to open port for Xbox Live" for your modem's model number.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. why won't my game install..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived