Next-Gen - What should move on, and what should remain inert?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Next-Gen - What should move on, and what should remain inert?

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
4 weeks ago#1
I'm personally pro-innovation. I'm all for moving on, leaping in with both heels and embracing the interconnected all-digital ultrafuture where consoles are just software platforms to be installed on any devices and our libraries are accessed anywhere via the cloud. I'm all for sensors, haptic feedback, learning AIs, and more.

But... I know there are many people, whether afraid, skeptical, or plain Luddites, that DON'T want the future to come. They hate the thought of their hobby changing even a LITTLE bit.

But... you CAN be somewhere in the middle. You can want SOME things to change, and some to remain the same. Want to keep the traditional console model but change the means of distribution? Change the pricing but alter the way you consume games (subs over purchases)?

So, in YOUR opinion, when next-gen arrives... what should move into the future, and what should remain the same?
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
4 weeks ago#2
I'd really like to see VR become commonplace on all platforms. In my opinion it's far and away the biggest innovation and step forward in gaming

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
4 weeks ago#3
Lielow should definitely move on, it isn't healthy to hold a grudge against the company some nobody that stole his wife worked for.

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
4 weeks ago#4
No more remasters.
PSN:bcukIMPERIUM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-16559385043077_2086_9339952

User Info: majorstefan

majorstefan
4 weeks ago#5
Everything should advance. Better graphics and animations, larger worlds and higher framerates. And keep current gen games current gen instead of remastering them.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 weeks ago#6
The hybrid console idea. The Switch is awesome and one of the coolest console ideas and designs ever, but there is huge room for improvement and I'd love to see other companies innovate on it too.

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
4 weeks ago#7
MetalZoic posted...
The hybrid console idea. The Switch is awesome and one of the coolest console ideas and designs ever, but there is huge room for improvement and I'd love to see other companies innovate on it too.

The coolest thing is, Microsoft have kind of already started on this path with Play Anywhere.

I beat this drum all too often, but I believe the first of the big three to allow their games to be played via the Cloud on your mobile phones will wipe the floor with the competition. If Microsoft extend Play Anywhere to include Xbox One, PC and mobile, they'd be unrivalled.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Next-Gen - What should move on, and what should remain inert?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived