What's your favourite gaming genre, and is it represented well this gen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What's your favourite gaming genre, and is it represented well this gen?

User Info: Winternova

Winternova
3 months ago#31
Landonio posted...
JRPG

Nope.

The 1990s were two decades ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
I'm not a grammar Nazi. I'm just alt-write. BOOM! Lawyered.

User Info: DynamicD

DynamicD
3 months ago#32
FPS and yes.
Inside I've been shaken, my sanity taken. Basically I'm edgier more than ever, because... life is a terrible game.
Official Theme Song #22: King of the Dead

User Info: AgentLocke

AgentLocke
3 months ago#33
Landonio posted...
JRPG

Nope.

Same but I might say otherwise (not on this console though, which wasn’t specified). Compared to last gen I think the genre is in a much better spot. My only memories from last gen are Xenoblade, Lost Odyssey and a few Tales of games (Disgaea and Valkyrie Chronicles aside, those are more tactical games).This gens has great entries in two of those series plus a ton more. Octopath Traveler seems amazing and such a great throwback from the little I’ve played. Persona 5 wasn’t for everyone but the game was great if it was your thing and the presentation was top notch.

I dunno man, I kinda get you, it’s still nowhere near their glory days. But definitely in the best place they’ve been since imo.
Gt: KB ReDZ PSN: xHaLfBAkedRAMB0x 3DS FC: 3583-2749-4407 Steam: G13TheDon
http://thenerdrecites.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Title-3.png The trolls of Gfaqs

User Info: The-Apostle

The-Apostle
3 months ago#34
Brownstone posted...
The-Apostle posted...
RPG/Action-adventure, not as much as I'd like...

Really? Between Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, TW3, Zelda BotW and Monster Hunter World, you have some of the best games ever made this gen.

I only have an Xbox One and never liked the Dark Souls series.
http://goo.gl/mnO36O
#GoPackGo Not changing sig until NHL players are allowed to play in the Olympics. Started 2/22/2018

User Info: TalesofLizalfos

TalesofLizalfos
3 months ago#35
RPGs and yes, especially if rereleases and ports counts.
"Enter the Amazing Guy" - Guy Cecil
"Karma is the best opening theme to a video game ever." -Me

User Info: Landonio

Landonio
3 months ago#36
Winternova posted...
Landonio posted...
JRPG

Nope.

The 1990s were two decades ago.

So because something's heyday isn't now I'm not allowed to like it.

Great logic, chief. Excellent 10/10 productive post.
atpRtsd
LOOK HERE, LOOK LISTEN!

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
3 months ago#37
Open world games // Pretty well ^^

User Info: devnull520

devnull520
3 months ago#38
brinktruck posted...
devnull520 posted...
Stealth games are my favorites. I think it's been ok this gen. Hitman was a great game and a second one is coming. Far Cry, Tomb Raider, Ghost Recon, Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear, Deus Ex games among others can be played in "stealth" mode. So no complaints, but like a lot of people, I want another Splinter Cell, the sooner the better.

I like the way you think my friend. I've been hesitant to try Hitman though. The only one I played was Absolution and didn't really like it all that much.

You should give it a try, Absolution is the only Hitman game that didn't follow the Hitman formula. Blood Money and the new Hitman are master pieces.

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
3 months ago#39
FPS and no,

In gens 6 and 7 there were loads of shooters to choose from, now there are barely any if you want SP.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

User Info: SMG4ME

SMG4ME
3 months ago#40
Beat em ups with an emphasis on hand-to-hand..so pretty much nonexistant. Arkham Knight and Syndicate with the knuckle dusters are the closest thing I’ve played this gen.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What's your favourite gaming genre, and is it represented well this gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived