X1X tops the PC in benchmark tests for the latest games..... uh oh

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. X1X tops the PC in benchmark tests for the latest games..... uh oh

User Info: CommonSense

CommonSense
1 week ago#1
Xbox One X vs. $500 PC - Destiny 2 & Assassin's Creed Benchmarks

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3213-xbox-one-x-vs-500-dollar-pc-benchmarks-destiny-2-assassins-creed

On PC, it was like watching a slideshow. The average FPS was below the Xbox’s .1% low. Dynamic resolution didn’t help at all (again, we didn’t have the recommended VRAM), but lowering the resolution to 1440p doubled average FPS. We were correct in thinking that this was a demanding scene, but the PC had a much harder time with it.

I was reading this while vacationing in Italy last week and I found it to be so very very interesting.

What are your thoughts on the xbox one x game console outperforming the average PC?

The best gaming experience is on a console for the first time in history. It really makes you think.
"Not going to read through this whole thread" - Gamefaqs Moderator Pitaya
That moment when the PS4 Pro is not even part of the conversation.

Ouch.
"I can confidently say that graphics matter, because I played through Killzone: Shadow Fall"-Shuhei Yoshida

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 week ago#3
https://media.giphy.com/media/5wLje8hWNJ2yk/giphy.gif
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
1 week ago#4
CommonSense posted...
I was reading this while vacationing in Italy last week.

Oh, is that what the trolls are now calling being suspended and put in purgatory status?
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: CommonSense

CommonSense
1 week ago#5
RonBurgundy929 posted...
CommonSense posted...
I was reading this while vacationing in Italy last week.

Oh, is that what the trolls are now calling being suspended and put in purgatory status?

........troll?
If you wanna get into that boy's soul... you gotta pay the troll toll!

...these are lies because i don't remember trolling the xbox fans here and if i was suspended... well i didn't know because hello! vacationing in italy
"Not going to read through this whole thread" - Gamefaqs Moderator Pitaya

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
1 week ago#6
Vin_land alt confirmed. 🎉🎈
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929
RonBurgundy929 posted...
Vin_land alt confirmed. 🎉🎈

I thought that was velvet_hammer?
"I can confidently say that graphics matter, because I played through Killzone: Shadow Fall"-Shuhei Yoshida

User Info: neveragain66

neveragain66
1 week ago#8
Interesting how you feel comfortable making such a comment when the article specifically states what most gamers were already aware:

"so we thought we’d use our new in-house software to benchmark a low-end PC and an Xbox One X."

CommonSense posted...
Xbox One X vs. $500 PC - Destiny 2 & Assassin's Creed Benchmarks

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3213-xbox-one-x-vs-500-dollar-pc-benchmarks-destiny-2-assassins-creed

On PC, it was like watching a slideshow. The average FPS was below the Xbox’s .1% low. Dynamic resolution didn’t help at all (again, we didn’t have the recommended VRAM), but lowering the resolution to 1440p doubled average FPS. We were correct in thinking that this was a demanding scene, but the PC had a much harder time with it.

I was reading this while vacationing in Italy last week and I found it to be so very very interesting.

What are your thoughts on the xbox one x game console outperforming the average PC?

The best gaming experience is on a console for the first time in history. It really makes you think.

User Info: sillyrascal

sillyrascal
1 week ago#9
Absolutely beyond incredible.
PSN:bcukIMPERIUM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-16559385043077_2086_9339952

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
1 week ago#10
DeadCellScorpio posted...
That moment when the PS4 Pro is not even part of the conversation.

Ouch.
Sold my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. X1X tops the PC in benchmark tests for the latest games..... uh oh

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Closed