• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Rate this game: Rise of the Tomb Raider

User Info: Fried

Fried
4 months ago#1
What score would you give out of ten? - Results (215 votes)
10/10
10.7% (23 votes)
9/10
27.91% (60 votes)
8/10
34.42% (74 votes)
7/10
13.95% (30 votes)
6/10
4.65% (10 votes)
5/10
2.79% (6 votes)
4/10
1.4% (3 votes)
3/10
2.33% (5 votes)
2/10
0% (0 votes)
1/10
1.86% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What score would you give Rise of the Tomb Raider? One of the first games to showcase the nice graphics of the current gen.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 months ago#2
7/10

Good game, but like most story driven games it has mediocre gameplay. It's really good in everything else though.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 months ago#3
It's hard to rate it. I played it first on the One S and PS4 and it plays terribly ok those. On the One X it actually has semi decent controls.

The story is horrible, the characters are some of the worst I've seen in a modern AAA title, and the gameplay gets bogged down by all the mindless fetch quests and collectable crap.

But if you ignore that and avoid backteacking too much it's okay ish on the 1X.

1X = 6/10
PS4/One S = 4/10
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: PJ_Thorn

PJ_Thorn
4 months ago#4
Solid 8 for me. I had a lot of fun with it, but pacing has issues in the more recent series. I feel like i end up wasting a lot of time in the kind of hub areas looking for collectibles.

I kind of think the game would benefit from a little more linear focus and less side-questing.

User Info: kst8er

kst8er
4 months ago#5
I loved the game, it was one of the best I have played in a while
Today is the one year anniversary of today's date last year

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
4 months ago#6
I enjoyed it a lot. 8/10 for me.
Go Leafs go!

User Info: Reflex-Arc

Reflex-Arc
4 months ago#7
Narritive heavy cinematically styled 3rd person action/adventure single player campaign games are my absolute favorite types of game to play.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a very solid example of the genre. It didn't necessarily break any new ground or introduce and new concepts to the genre, but what it did do, it did very well. Voice acting, graphics, and production value we're all quite solid. The HDR presentation is showcase-worthy, and the Atmos audio is very immersive. Gameplay is open ended and varied enough to keep an imaginative gamer engaged, and the set pieces are well crafted and fun to explore.

I'd give the game a high 8. I'd call it a 9 if not for some of the technical issues I've come across in my 3 playthroughs, like crackling audio and the odd time getting Lara stuck in the geometry.

A solid game overall.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | Sound Card | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
4 months ago#8
Fried posted...
What score would you give Rise of the Tomb Raider? One of the first games to showcase the nice graphics of the current gen.
This, right here, is why I give it a 4/10. And that's being generous. "It looks gorgeous!" Perhaps, but what about the gameplay, story, areas we can explore and all that? And a random third-person shooter, it's not terrible. Not good, but not terrible. So again, a 4/10 sounds about right.

As a Tomb Raider... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... no. This is Tomb Raider in name only. Easily the second worst in the entire franchise, only beaten by Angel of Darkness. I don't want Uncharted with Lara Croft. I want Tomb Raider. Shadow is pretty much their last chance. Either it's far more classic Tomb Raider than Rise, or the franchise is dead to me.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
4 months ago#9
one of if not the best Action/adventure title available for the XB1
The Beauty of Fallout 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWI8jil6mg

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
4 months ago#10
7/10. It good but pretty homogenous design. Nothing really unique about it. Just very polished
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Rate this game: Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Topic Archived