• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X performance lately

User Info: Milkmantious

Milkmantious
5 months ago#1
I more or less wanted to know if anyone else has had any issues with their consoles performance as of late. Maybe from the recent system update or something else, I don't know. I do know that the dashboard and store and everything has seemed quite a bit slower lately just with scrolling through menus and what not. I use energy-saving mode most of the time as I know Instant on can cause issues from time to time. But even with energy-saving on. Things still seem a bit off. And come to think of it I also wanted to know if a consoles performance can degrade or take a hit in regards to in game frame rates and what not. My One X has never overheated or anything but sometimes I wonder if things aren't running as smoothly as they could. And if I'm just nuts and noticing the quality of a lot of games taking frame dips and the like, just as they are or if something like a hardware issue or defective system could diminish a games overall stability. Hopefully that makes some sense lol.

User Info: chex81

chex81
5 months ago#2
No performance issues but it’s not recognizing wifi unless I hard reset...often...pretty annoying
XBL/PSN: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
5 months ago#3
the dashboard has gotten worse. It's getting to how it used to be before that major update that fixed the lagging dashboard. I thought I was the only person who noticed it.

User Info: Danimus

Danimus
5 months ago#4
I'm getting the following error when turning on my One S and attempting to load a game: "insert the game disc we need that to read the game license, if the disc is already in check to see if its dirty or scratched." What's even weirder is that my games load just fine if I use instant on mode. I have never ever had trouble with error until two days ago and I take care of my discs. The discs are cleaned if they get smudged and i keep my discs in the cases when not in use.

Idk why I'm getting this error, but I have a guess. I think that Microsofts so called bulls*** "great" f***ed things up again!

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
5 months ago#5
The dashboard is always slow. In terms of games I have really started noticing improvements if I install them onto the internal harddrive instead of my external. Maybe try that out if you haven’t? Other than the dash my X has been working great, even in extreme heat
Fallout 76 = Sea of Thieves

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
5 months ago#6
The store is always slow for me. Dunno if I noticed it on dash.

I wish browsing the store was as good as it was last gen on 360, but that crap lags too much.

User Info: HylianLikely

HylianLikely
5 months ago#7
I have an OG Xbox and I'm having similar issues. Not connecting to wifi, laggy dashboard, not displaying pins at the very bottom, and sometimes it takes over a minute to shut down.
VI>VII>IX>XII>IV>V>VIII>XIII-2>X>I>III>XIII>XV>II

User Info: Dave_Gahan

Dave_Gahan
5 months ago#8
chex81 posted...
No performance issues but it’s not recognizing wifi unless I hard reset...often...pretty annoying

SAME

Thought it was just my connection
HOUSTON TEXANS
I'm not with the rah-rah, I am a da-da

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
5 months ago#9
chex81 posted...

I had a similar problem. I decided to use an ethernet connection to avoid having to do that.

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
5 months ago#10
I love so many things about my X over my Pro, better controller, better hardware, better implementation of AAA patches for X support, and of course the XBLive quality....

Having said all that, I hate, hate, hate the XB dashboard, and IMO the ultra simplistic and sleek PS4 menu is much better, and way way faster
PSN - madrileno23 XBL - thatchefdude
Playing - AC Origins XB1X, Shadow of War XB1X, Gears of War Ultimate Edition
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X performance lately
  • Topic Archived