• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do Spoilers Ruin Your Gaming Experience, Personally?

User Info: velchron

velchron
5 months ago#91
If someone had spoiled gears of war 3 or red dead redemption, i would've been annoyed.

Other things I don't really care about though
My head hurts

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
5 months ago#92
So many people say they don't care a lick about the story, but I can guarantee that if the narrative and aesthetic were changed to silly like lollipops or Bieber or unicorns, people would be up in arms.
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend

User Info: SpongeBob_SP

SpongeBob_SP
5 months ago#93
It depends on the genre for me. If it's a point and click style game like the Telltale ones, then I'm most likely not gonna touch the game if I know how it plays out. For instance, watching Let's Plays for Until Dawn totally turned me off to playing the game. But if the game is built around a solid core of rewarding game play, then I'll play it regardless of being spoiled.

User Info: vashkey

vashkey
5 months ago#94
Being spoiled is disappointing but it can never ruin something for me. If a little bit of information is all it takes to ruin a videogame then there wasnt much of substance there, or gameplay.

User Info: link0316

link0316
5 months ago#95
I try to avoid spoilers any way possible.
RE4 is one of the greatest games ever made.

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
4 months ago#96
SpongeBob_SP posted...
It depends on the genre for me. If it's a point and click style game like the Telltale ones, then I'm most likely not gonna touch the game if I know how it plays out. For instance, watching Let's Plays for Until Dawn totally turned me off to playing the game. But if the game is built around a solid core of rewarding game play, then I'll play it regardless of being spoiled.

Well in THAT instance, the story really IS the game. Nobody's playing a Detroit: Become Human or a Telltale Walking Dead for the GAMEPLAY, for example.

But then again I think it depends how deeply ingrained the story is in the gameplay too, or what weight it bears. In Puyo Pop I'm not going to care about which protagonist has lost her Puyo pals this time - the story's really there as a token gesture - but in a game where story and gameplay work in tandem, or story takes precedence over gameplay, a spoiler hurts way, way more.

The way I see it is, the further the shift goes towards story over gameplay, the more spoilers harm your experience.

SPOILERS DO VERY LITTLE

Puyo Pop
Street Fighter
Doom
Forza Horizon
Uncharted
Metal Gear Solid
TellTale's The Walking Dead

SPOILERS RUIN THE ENTIRE GAME
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do Spoilers Ruin Your Gaming Experience, Personally?
  • Topic Archived