Just bought a 4K TV, do most people game mode ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just bought a 4K TV, do most people game mode ?

User Info: Warui3

Warui3
3 months ago#11
I never use game mode. I Always go HDR cinematic.

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
3 months ago#12
Takuru posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
Game mode doesn't degrade the picture

Are you sure? Have a 900e and game mode looks drastically worse than most of the other modes. I deal with it because of input lag but vivid mode looks leagues better.

Yes, I followed the ratings.com settings to maximize the look of game mode and have both HDR and 4k on.

If you calibrate the tv correctly you should get game mode looking good as other modes. The only thing missing might be weird motion settings like motionflow that give to much input lag for games or other weirdness.

But yes, in my time gaming, whether it be a monitor or tv, usually game mode seems to look like absolute s*** with out making any adjustments. Where as I could set a tv to standard or cinema and prolly be able to watch something without wanting to make a million adjustments.

User Info: Sith Jedi

Sith Jedi
3 months ago#13
foodeater4 posted...
Takuru posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
Game mode doesn't degrade the picture

Are you sure? Have a 900e and game mode looks drastically worse than most of the other modes. I deal with it because of input lag but vivid mode looks leagues better.

Yes, I followed the ratings.com settings to maximize the look of game mode and have both HDR and 4k on.

If you calibrate the tv correctly you should get game mode looking good as other modes. The only thing missing might be weird motion settings like motionflow that give to much input lag for games or other weirdness.

But yes, in my time gaming, whether it be a monitor or tv, usually game mode seems to look like absolute s*** with out making any adjustments. Where as I could set a tv to standard or cinema and prolly be able to watch something without wanting to make a million adjustments.

This. There may be some TVs that degrade the quality in game mode but most won't. But the default picture settings for game mode seem to suck ass on most TVs, so definitely calibrate your TV.

Easiest way is to search for your TV model on rtings.com and they'll usually have their optimal settings for gaming. Set your TV to those settings then use the calibration tool on the Xbox to fine tune it from there (different lighting in your room means you may need slightly different settings than rtings).
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just bought a 4K TV, do most people game mode ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived