Rock* cut Red Dead Redemption 2 content from base game; complete edition = $100

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Rock* cut Red Dead Redemption 2 content from base game; complete edition = $100

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
1 month ago#31
Chyld989 posted...
See my post again; they're not taking content out of the game, they're adding extra content for those that are willing to pay extra for the game. You know, like companies pretty much always have (though obviously we see a lot more extra content now that we can just download it instead of needing to purchase a separate expansion disc).

So yes, I'm defending Rockstar's right to charge me for extra content that wouldn't have ever been created if they hadn't been able to charge me extra for it.

You know it wouldn't have been created otherwise... how, exactly?

The content is being developed at the same time. It will be ready at launch and be included in the same install. However, it's locked out for anyone who didn't pre-order a version that costs $20-40 more. There's realistically nothing else to it.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: imherenow

imherenow
1 month ago#32
Wow surprised at how gamers gladly bend over and spread'em. Then, y'all wonder why these greedy companies keep pushing harder and harder with loot boxes, lol.

User Info: xxdudeyy

xxdudeyy
1 month ago#33
I'm just wondering despite how long they have delayed releasing this sequel, that how many glitches, bugs and server issues they will have to patch post release?
Gday

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
1 month ago#34
c13rocks posted...
ArsenicSteel posted...
flame030191 posted...
It’s sad how many people are defending this. You’re letting companies get away with taking out content from the game unless you get a specific version and/or pre-order from a certain place while also letting those you’ll be competing against online have a head start just because they were okay with shoveling more money towards their pre-order of the game.

It's their game and content has always been removed and cut for various reasons. You're not entitled to everything that a dev thinks or creates over the development cycle of a game.

You're welcome to not buy this game or any other with similar pratices. Don't be surprise when many don't follow suit over such a petty mater.

I agree to a point. Sure they can cut or remove what they want, but this isn't removed from the whole game, just for a specific group. Historically games have had a cool booklet, item, or in game skin or weapon for pre ordering. To me these items aren't extra content just nice add-ons. I guess it depends on how involved the extra content is. Are we talking about a 15 - 30 minute mission or a more involved 2-3 hour heist?

Exactly.

Content being removed due to technical issues or game balancing happens all the time. Look at Skyrim, for example, there's still a ton of people talking about the content that was in the files for that game that was never made available to the player, and nobody cares because it's still an equal experience for everyone.

However, the issue arises when the content magically becomes available if you bought the right version of the game at the right time. If I wanted to wait until later on and buy the game when it's potentially cheaper and I have more time to play it, I'll lose access to any of the pre-order bonuses and would still have to find the right version to get the Deluxe/Ultimate content. If I pre-order the game but didn't pay the extra $40 for the Ultimate Edition, there will be people with a legitimate advantage over me just because they were okay with feeding into this practice. It was bad for Capcom to do it, it was bad for EA to do it, but it's fine when Rockstar does it?
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: Houndour

Houndour
1 month ago#35
Fairgamer posted...
pobbes posted...
It's also coming timed exclusivity on PS4: https://kotaku.com/red-dead-redemption-2-will-have-some-sort-of-timed-play-1826536689

So M$ doing this deals last gen was ok, but when playstation does it it's wrong?

hypocrite

Any content that is locked to one platform is not okay, whether having a duration or permanent. Not to burst your bubble but sony has been the worst offender of this.

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 month ago#36
DXLR8R posted...
The choice is yours.

Exactly, God. All this whining and yelling at each other online, and for what?

Guess what; NONE OF YOU are doing a damn thing to influence the buying habits of the strangers you trade insults with back and forth here. You're all just giving opinions that no one else cares about; you may as well just go yell at the wall.

Buy the game, or don't. The only habits you're going to influence are your own.

User Info: SubwooferKing

SubwooferKing
1 month ago#37
Lol
Bring on Borderlands 3

User Info: Tkmajing

Tkmajing
1 month ago#38
I will wait used GOTY edition instead. Don't want to support cancerous practices like this.
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
1 month ago#39
StaticPenguin posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
*company makes content specifically for the purpose of being DLC*

“They cut content out of the game!”

Then people wonder why developers don’t take them seriously.

I'm surprised that after so many years that people still regurgitate this "cut content" s***.

so, is the game finished?
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
1 month ago#40
StaticPenguin posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
*company makes content specifically for the purpose of being DLC*

“They cut content out of the game!”

Then people wonder why developers don’t take them seriously.

I'm surprised that after so many years that people still regurgitate this "cut content" s***.

If it's ready to be used at launch and they made it DLC or part of some special edition, it's cut content imo.
GamerTag: Major Sousa
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Rock* cut Red Dead Redemption 2 content from base game; complete edition = $100

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived