How much fun is BLOPS3 campaign?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How much fun is BLOPS3 campaign?

User Info: NakedSnake1986

NakedSnake1986
4 months ago#1
Only asking because I rented Modern Warfare remastered from gamefly and had a blast playing through veteran (didn't finish it).

Is BLOPS 3 campaign just as fun (don't really care for story, more like I care about level design and gameplay). I only played BLOPS 3 for like a day when I rented it back in 2015. Last COD game I bought was BLOPS2 and loved that game although they ruined zombies making it about doing 200 objectives to progress.
https://i.imgur.com/1076HTU.gif

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 months ago#2
I thought it was terrible and nothing like the other campaigns in the series. It feels like a bunch of hoard modes rather than a well crafted campaign. Every mission is just wave after waves of enemies rushing you.

It was designed to be a co-op experience, so there's no real encounter design, set- pieces, changes of pace or even level design. And there's almost no story to speak of.

To top it off most enemies are robots and they feel a bit too bullet spongey. I seem to recall them taking multiple headshots to take down.

It's the only CoD campaign I've never bothered to finish.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Evoco

Evoco
4 months ago#3
It's a convoluted mess of a campaign.

Don't bother.

NakedSnake1986
4 months ago#4
Thanks guys, will not buy it then.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 months ago#5
The campain is alright for the first 2/3 of the game. The last third of the game is the worst i've seen in the entire Call of Duty series. It turns into nonsense that drags on and on and on. Graphics are great. I haven't played it in a while. If I remember right, my complaint was that you don't get enough hit marker feedback when hitting some enemies such as robots especially when you fight a big robot.

User Info: PJ_Thorn

PJ_Thorn
4 months ago#6
Absolute trash storytelling. The game does a very poor job explaining where you are going or why from moment to moment.

Gameplay is not bad, as long as you accept it's trying to riff on destiny with goofy abilities and pseudo-magic to go along with the standard gunplay. I actually kind of enjoyed the mix-up of gameplay from standard campaigns in the series....but you have to go in knowing the story is a mess.

NakedSnake1986
4 months ago#7
How is the zombies campaign?

User Info: RS_YELARAKA

RS_YELARAKA
4 months ago#8
I didnt think it was that great.

Advanced Warfare has a great campaign.
[RSG] Red Screen Gaming
GT - YELARAKA / Switch FC: 1432-0183-6634

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
4 months ago#9
RS_YELARAKA posted...

Advance Warfare's campaign was slightly better. The problem with Advance Warfare's campaign is that it had way too many on-rails sections.

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
4 months ago#10
Hucast9 posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...

Advance Warfare's campaign was slightly better. The problem with Advance Warfare's campaign is that it had way too many on-rails sections.

Was Tony Hawk a playable character to justify that.
Necrogeddon.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How much fun is BLOPS3 campaign?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived