• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Battlefront 2 is ALMOST a great game now

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
11 months ago#1
Yes, I emphasize ALMOST. The game has improved a lot since it launched, and currently it feels better than Battlefront 1 ever did IMO. That being said, it still doesn’t quite feel all the way there yet. I think what’s really holding it back is not having all multiplayer modes available offline. That and not having many prequel trilogy characters yet. If we keep getting good updates and those things make their way into the game, I think this game will truly end up being great. Until then, it’s merely a fun game that hasn’t reached its full potential.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
11 months ago#2
It will always be trash until EA is off of it.

But I played it a few weeks ago, and it was fun for about an hour. Then it was a yawn fest. The heroes selection is odd to say the least. It's just more of an indicator of how that terrible publisher has zero interest in what it's community really wants.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: IronLung

IronLung
11 months ago#3
It was great game since launch. It's just that peoples hatred for EA got in the way of the actual game.
Xbox One X and PS4 PRO
Now Playing: MHW, God Of War, Red Dead Redemption, Doom

User Info: TantrumBull

TantrumBull
11 months ago#4
What kind of offline modes does the game have compared to the first one? the first one got on my nerves because not all of the modes were playable in skirmish and if the second one is the same way I don't even want to bother with it.
My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-EdWulYXqwGhkBEQcHEbkA

User Info: knightmere122

knightmere122
11 months ago#5
IronLung posted...
It was great game since launch. It's just that peoples hatred for EA got in the way of the actual game.

What are you on the payroll or something lol?
Ohio State Buckeyes: 2014-15 National Champions

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
11 months ago#6
It’s a huge upgrade over the first game. It’s worth it for the campaign alone.
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: Rafficus_III

Rafficus_III
11 months ago#7
IronLung posted...

I disagree. It was a good game at launch mired by a predatory transaction model. The game is leaps and bounds better now with the progression overhaul, new content, and added PVE content. Now if only it actually operated like a live stream game like what was promised...
GT: Rafficus III | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
11 months ago#8
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a fun game that I would definitely recommend. I've been playing is since it launched. It has a decent singler player campaign which was better than I expected, but the real fun is in the on-line. This is staying in my collection permanently. Ignore the haters, and buy this game.

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
11 months ago#9
IronLung posted...

Lmao. No.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
11 months ago#10
KainFourteh posted...
IronLung posted...

Lmao. No.

Actually, he's right. The game was great except for the loot box leveling. My only problem with the loot box leveling was that it was broken with credits not being awarded. I was okay with it once they removed the pay aspect from it and put everyone on equal ground.

Look guys listen to me. Whenever someone tells you "OMG this game is trash" and doesn't explain why, just don't listen to that person. Pretend it's a blank reply with nothing but plain white with no text. I'm talking about several posters doing this and not just one poster.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Battlefront 2 is ALMOST a great game now
  • Topic Archived