Is xbox live gold worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is xbox live gold worth it?

User Info: Murderinc89

Murderinc89
5 months ago#1
Got an x1 for free from a relative but I already game on ps4 with the plus and a high end PC. Is getting Gold worth it?

User Info: redline65

redline65
5 months ago#2
I get it just for the free games. You can usually find it on sale for $45-ish.

User Info: Spit_shot

Spit_shot
5 months ago#3
eh, i guess it mostly depends on how much value you give to the freebies and renties
if you dont want to invest in a year you could always sub only for the months when they give games that interest you, and the xbox 360 stick with you after your sub expires so worst case scenario you end up paying around $5 for two games and two renties if you go on a per month basis
there are also some games that are not playable online on ps4 like mass effect 3 and the gears/halo games (dont know about pc cause i dont game on it)
so yeah, the value is pretty subjective, hope this gives you a general idea

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
5 months ago#4
I pay for it primarily for the discounts and free games, but being able to play with friends and family whenever I want is nice.

Of course, the One is my main platform.

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
5 months ago#5
If you plan on playing with people and have friends that have LIVE I would get it, it is only $50 a year and like others have mentioned you get free games every month and discounts on games.
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: fratalien

fratalien
5 months ago#6
Ye
"My dad owns a dealership!"

User Info: Snowtrpr

Snowtrpr
5 months ago#7
It's not that expensive. I just pay it annually and don't think twice. Same with PS Plus.

The free games have also improved quite a bit on both consoles. There's usually at least one a month on each console I'm keen on grabbing.

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
5 months ago#8
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...
I pay for it primarily for the discounts and free games, but being able to play with friends and family whenever I want is nice.

Of course, the One is my main platform.

Same. Bought Lego Marvel Superheroes 2(deluxe ed) this week, saved I think $45. Add in this month's gwg & the $60(msrp) paid for itself.
Hell even @ $60 a yr, we're talking about $5 per month... That really isn't much
I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy!

User Info: Stratoz

Stratoz
5 months ago#9
I always get it by using Bing and collecting points.

User Info: SuperHoneyBunny

SuperHoneyBunny
5 months ago#10
For just pennies a day you can feed and educate poor children in 3rd world countries.

Or get free games and deals with gold!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is xbox live gold worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived