Gamespot: "State of Decay 2 looking rough around the edges

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Gamespot: "State of Decay 2 looking rough around the edges

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
1 month ago#1
despite having some good ideas”

“In theory, I like everything about State of Decay and its upcoming Xbox One and PC sequel. I like the idea of a zombie-survival game where you must plan for the long term; where you must keep your squadmates happy, healthy, and well-fed; where you can explore to cultivate new land for farming opportunities or to scavenge; and where permadeath means hours of hard work can be undone in seconds.

Unfortunately, on the basis of a three-hour preview demo, State of Decay 2 suffers from many of the same issues as its predecessor: It still feels a little aimless, and it's still never really clear what direction the game wants you to go in, since every direction is so punishing to traverse; the loop of exploration and defense soon begins to feel tired; and a multitude of bugs and some poor presentation make it feel unfinished. Which, of course, it is. Many of these issues could therefore be fixed by the time State of Decay 2 launches on May 22. But they've persisted since the original came out in 2013, and that's a worrying sign.

goo.gl/yYUhHG
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
1 month ago#2
Big f***in surprise there lol.

Just like the last game, these sloppy ass developers can't even understand what the f*** they're doing and will deliver a shoddy ass product because "making gamez iz hard!!!" lol.

But thank God for updates. Lazy a******s can release their game f***ed up and can fix some of the problems later ROFL!!!

Why don't they just use some of that infinite cloud power?? That should fix things up no problem lol.
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

User Info: KinjoTakemura

KinjoTakemura
1 month ago#3
Is Gamespot trolling the Xbox One board?
PSN Sh1kage
Currently playing - God of War, The Last Guardian,The Inpatient, Game of Thrones, Skyrim VR, Until Dawn

jon davis
1 month ago#4
KinjoTakemura posted...
Is Gamespot trolling the Xbox One board?

MicroSoft is trolling the Xbox One board.
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
1 month ago#5
Thats it!!

Im selling my X1X and going back to PS4! Will need to change my sig... im willing to sacrifice the best looking, best performing multiplats, and will give up my favourite racing franchise (will have to make do with GT Short *shudders*), im happy to lose my gamepass, ea access and the awesome bc support that i cant get enough off...

all because gamespot... gamespot off all places.. hasnt left 100% positive feedback for a f***ing 3 hour preview demo!! f*** M$!

Now gimme some of dat ps4 protato faux 4k goodness!!
Sold my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
1 month ago#6
jon davis posted...
on the basis of a three-hour preview demo

RetroGamerX posted...
for a f***ing 3 hour preview demo!!

Yep, at least Retro gets it and is being sarcastic.
I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy!
(message deleted)

jon davis
1 month ago#8
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
jon davis posted...
on the basis of a three-hour preview demo

RetroGamerX posted...
for a f***ing 3 hour preview demo!!

Yep, at least Retro gets it and is being sarcastic.

But the issues in the demo had been there since the first game, if they didnt change them after 5 years why would they do it between the demo and full launch?

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
1 month ago#9
RetroGamerX posted...
Thats it!!

Im selling my X1X and going back to PS4! Will need to change my sig... im willing to sacrifice the best looking, best performing multiplats, and will give up my favourite racing franchise (will have to make do with GT Short *shudders*), im happy to lose my gamepass, ea access and the awesome bc support that i cant get enough off...

all because gamespot... gamespot off all places.. hasnt left 100% positive feedback for a f***ing 3 hour preview demo!! f*** M$!

Good luck through that salty meltdown and congrats to the money you save from those monthly Xbone "Service" bills ROFLMAO!!!!!
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

User Info: RetroGamerX

RetroGamerX
1 month ago#10
TheGam3925 posted...
RetroGamerX posted...
Thats it!!

Good luck through that salty meltdown and congrats to the money you save from those monthly Xbone "Service" bills ROFLMAO!!!!!

lemme help you out...

sarcasm
[ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m]

NOUN
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
synonyms: derision · mockery · ridicule · satire · irony · scorn · sneering · scoffing · gibing · taunting · trenchancy · mordancy · acerbity · causticity · mordacity
Sold my PS4 for the almighty 'X'
"Xbox One X is the console for your 4K screen" source: Digital Foundry
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Gamespot: "State of Decay 2 looking rough around the edges

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived