Gamespot: "State of Decay 2 looking rough around the edges

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Gamespot: "State of Decay 2 looking rough around the edges

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
1 month ago#11
It's obvious you have no interest in this game. I've seen your views on xb1 and you always seem to speak negatively about it. If your goal isnt trolling, why do you waste your time on this board trying to poo poo everything that could be considered positive?
I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy!

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
1 month ago#12
Funny, from all the official and unofficial videos I have seen from affiliated, unaffiliated and amateur Youtubers I have not seen a single one one of these issues mentioned.

The game looks buttery smooth. The Combat is nowhere near as janky as the first one and the gunplay is far tighter.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
1 month ago#13
RetroGamerX posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
RetroGamerX posted...
Thats it!!

Im selling my X1X and going back to PS4! Will need to change my sig... im willing to sacrifice the best looking, best performing multiplats, and will give up my favourite racing franchise (will have to make do with GT Short *shudders*), im happy to lose my gamepass, ea access and the awesome bc support that i cant get enough off...

all because gamespot... gamespot off all places.. hasnt left 100% positive feedback for a f***ing 3 hour preview demo!! f*** M$!

Now gimme some of dat ps4 protato faux 4k goodness!!

Good luck through that salty meltdown and congrats to the money you save from those monthly Xbone "Service" bills ROFLMAO!!!!!

lemme help you out...

sarcasm
[ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m]

NOUN
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
"she didn't like the note of sarcasm in his voice"
synonyms: derision · mockery · ridicule · satire · irony · scorn · sneering · scoffing · gibing · taunting · trenchancy · mordancy · acerbity · causticity · mordacity

Don't feel mad or ashamed. Many people just like you use sarcasm to cope through a salty meltdown.

Have fun with those monthly Xbone "service" bills LMAO!!!
"The first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins" - Don Mattrick

agentspoon
1 month ago#14
https://bit.ly/2jjyXzV

Actually reading the entire article it seems that the guy that wrote it does not understand the premise of the game/s

Instead of playing the game, he complains that he cant play the game he wants to play. "I cant do this specific thing to my specific standards so the game is s***"

He sums up why we should ignore him quite nicely at the end...

"As someone who only played a little of the original game, it doesn't yet feel like State of Decay 2 has meaningfully built upon the promising core of its predecessor. If it can fix the annoying geometry glitches, refine its AI, and allow greater freedom within co-op squads, it may yet turn out to be a fun zombie apocalypse simulator, but until then, I think I'd rather leave Mark to conjure up his own food supply."
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?

User Info: jon davis

jon davis
1 month ago#15
agentspoon posted...
Funny, from all the official and unofficial videos I have seen from affiliated, unaffiliated and amateur Youtubers I have not seen a single one one of these issues mentioned.

The game looks buttery smooth. The Combat is nowhere near as janky as the first one and the gunplay is far tighter.

But someone who has actually played it says it isn’t.

Also, i wouldn’t put too much faith in Youtubers, they lie or gloss over flaws in games just to get that sweet sweet sponsorship money/views/likes/subs etc.
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

jon davis
1 month ago#16
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
It's obvious you have no interest in this game. I've seen your views on xb1 and you always seem to speak negatively about it. If your goal isnt trolling, why do you waste your time on this board trying to poo poo everything that could be considered positive?

Shut up
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.

jon davis
1 month ago#17
agentspoon posted...
https://bit.ly/2jjyXzV

Actually reading the entire article it seems that the guy that wrote it does not understand the premise of the game/s

Instead of playing the game, he complains that he cant play the game he wants to play. "I cant do this specific thing to my specific standards so the game is s***"

He sums up why we should ignore him quite nicely at the end...

"As someone who only played a little of the original game, it doesn't yet feel like State of Decay 2 has meaningfully built upon the promising core of its predecessor. If it can fix the annoying geometry glitches, refine its AI, and allow greater freedom within co-op squads, it may yet turn out to be a fun zombie apocalypse simulator, but until then, I think I'd rather leave Mark to conjure up his own food supply."

So the open world zombie survival game.....is restrictive in what your allowed to do?

agentspoon
1 month ago#18
I cant use the Mining Rig from GTAV to tunnel under the map or fly in to Space using the flying car from Online so GTAV is restrictive right? RIGHT?! And should be looked down upon!

But but its open world I should be able to do ANYTHING I can imagine becuase its Open World!

inb4Didn'tReadDon'tCare

jon davis
1 month ago#19
Even Eurogamer is taking a pop at it and its crap sounding co op,

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-29-hands-on-with-state-of-decay-2

One of my main concerns with State of Decay 2 centred around its 4-player co-op. It's an addition that fans of State of Decay have been clamouring for since the series' inception but instead of feeling like a game-changer, it can come across as underwhelming. My biggest issue was the fact that any guests to a co-op session are tethered to the host by an invisible string, a constant reminder of the game's limitations. Rather than being a true open-world experience, if you stray too far from the host, multiple warnings will flash up on screen before you're teleported back to the group”

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
1 month ago#20
jon davis posted...
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...

Shut up

fantastic comeback. Now, would you care to answer the question?
I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Gamespot: "State of Decay 2 looking rough around the edges

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived