• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How to turn off system sounds?

User Info: Eli99999

Eli99999
10 months ago#1
New update turned system sounds on, so every time I do anything on the dashboard it makes noise, super annoying. But I can't figure out how to disable it.

Any help? Thanks.
I'm glad the Xbox One has such a lackluster first party lineup. It keeps my favorite game, The MCC active because people have nothing else to play.

Eli99999
10 months ago#2
Turns out you cannot, So annoying. I swear, everything this company does is backwards.
I'm glad the Xbox One has such a lackluster first party lineup. It keeps my favorite game, The MCC active because people have nothing else to play.

User Info: cvfan

cvfan
10 months ago#3
Also if you are in a party chat the game sound plays through it (system sounds will play too) which requires going into the games settings to mute it in order to hear the party.
XBL GT: CVmaniac, 3DS FC: 0216-0930-9701, PSN ID: cvmaniac, Wii U ID: CVFan31, Switch Name/FC: CVmaniac, SW-4237-9163-6712

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
10 months ago#4
It's perplexing that a company famous for its OS design always manages to overlook the simplest things when it comes to OS design.

I had the new update for less than a minute and went looking for an option to disable the sounds. How did no one at MS bring that up?
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: coldisgood

coldisgood
10 months ago#5
Jeez... just turned on my Xbox and immediately searched for this topic hoping there would be a fix. Sigh. My Xbox sounds like a PS4 now and is giving me ptsd.
<code> M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliver a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth </code>

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
10 months ago#6
coldisgood posted...
Jeez... just turned on my Xbox and immediately searched for this topic hoping there would be a fix. Sigh. My Xbox sounds like a PS4 now and is giving me ptsd.

You can run the sounds off on PS4. And it has cool background music that changes with different themes. MS need to do that.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: dweeeeb2

dweeeeb2
10 months ago#7
What are they thinking?!?
The X is a love letter to the core gamer - DF Xbox X review

User Info: the_lpt

the_lpt
10 months ago#8
The only sounds I want to disable are the notifications for rare achievements. When wearing headphones, it sounds like my head is going to explode.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Eli99999
10 months ago#9
da_StoOge posted...
It's perplexing that a company famous for its OS design always manages to overlook the simplest things when it comes to OS design.

I had the new update for less than a minute and went looking for an option to disable the sounds. How did no one at MS bring that up?

Yeah, its crazy. I actually like the PS4 dashboard so much more than the X1, it's smoother, cleaner and just faster, even the store is faster. Yet Sony isn't a software company.

I hate all system sounds and have them all disabled on PS4, would love to be able to disable them on the X1 too.

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
10 months ago#10
da_StoOge posted...

It's almost as if entirely different people work in the xbox division separate form the windows division.....no that can't be though.

Does suck you can't turn them off though.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How to turn off system sounds?
  • Topic Archived