It's ridiculous that games you own can have content cut out with little warning.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. It's ridiculous that games you own can have content cut out with little warning.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
3 months ago#31
axe4hire posted...
SixStringHero posted...

I guess it's due to cheapness of the publisher, but it's still bulls*** either way.

People who throw around developers being lazy and publishers being cheap in an industry they don't understand are the worst kind of people.

Amen! As if they are doing it to spite us or something. People take things so personal in the video game industry. What's up with that? Why do some people think that video game developers are a bunch of anti-consumer a******s? Yes instead of putting that money towards RDR 2, Rockstar should fork over several thousand dollars to license a couple of Russian songs for a 10 year old game from last gen. Give me a break.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
3 months ago#32
Agent_Stroud posted...
AltiarLio posted...
You act like you say there and listened to those Russian pop stations and they’re taking those away from you lmao.

I’m actually one of those who listened to Vladivostok FM regularly and liked both the regular music lineup and the nightclub playlist featured in TBoGT, so yeah, Rockstar are taking that away from me.

As Benny Hill once said, "You must never assume, because when you assume, you make an 'ASS' out of 'U' and 'ME.'"

Found the one guy who listens to it. I’m sorry for your loss.
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
3 months ago#33
AltiarLio posted...
Agent_Stroud posted...
AltiarLio posted...
You act like you say there and listened to those Russian pop stations and they’re taking those away from you lmao.

I’m actually one of those who listened to Vladivostok FM regularly and liked both the regular music lineup and the nightclub playlist featured in TBoGT, so yeah, Rockstar are taking that away from me.

As Benny Hill once said, "You must never assume, because when you assume, you make an 'ASS' out of 'U' and 'ME.'"

Nah, it’s all good. I just wanted to use that Benny Hill quote more than anything to be honest. Still gonna miss listening to Eins Zwei Drei though, but I’ll manage.
"This may be a solution but it is a very bad one" - Icarusael
"You are right. Fixing a problem is a terrible solution." - AnonymousFriend

User Info: Chyld989

Chyld989
3 months ago#34
SixStringHero posted...
Especially when it's a big part of the personality of the game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/11/gta-4-losing-some-licensed-music-rockstar-replacing-with-new-songs

I can't think of any other medium where this occurs.

I guess it's due to cheapness of the publisher, but it's still bulls*** either way.

Spoilers, you don't own the game, even if you bought it on a disc. You own the plastic, and you have a license to play the game.

AltiarLio posted...
Agent_Stroud posted...
AltiarLio posted...

I'm #2, apparently. I loved that station for some reason.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
3 months ago#35
My favorite DBZ game went from having this:

https://youtu.be/4fLQIKfnXSg

To this:

https://youtu.be/e4bxbiIWvAE

All because of copyright infringement claims....

But at least it’s just the music that was replaced and not major aspects of the game.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: metroidman92

metroidman92
3 months ago#36
Pretty sure it's all in the fine print. Doesn't make it any less s***ty tho. Nothing we can do about it, mostly. I'm sure you can just play music in the background through the system, and PC users can just mod it back into the game.
"Now would be an excellent time for procreation!"

User Info: hitman_uk

hitman_uk
3 months ago#37
I remember it happening on some episodes on Quantum Leap
FC: 4441 9267 6433 | Don't sing it, just bring it

User Info: Vamar

Vamar
3 months ago#38
You’d think with all the money R* raked in from GTA Online that they could afford to renew the music licenses, but better than pulling the game completely like Alan Wake.

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 months ago#39
Doesn't affect me. I can play GTA 4 off-line on my Xbox 360 which will play whatever music is on the disc. If this bothers someone in here, then buy an Xbox 360.

User Info: DXLR8R

DXLR8R
3 months ago#40
SixStringHero posted...
Especially when it's a big part of the personality of the game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/11/gta-4-losing-some-licensed-music-rockstar-replacing-with-new-songs

I can't think of any other medium where this occurs.

It can happen in any medium that utilizes licensed music.

So practically any medium.
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. It's ridiculous that games you own can have content cut out with little warning.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived