When/If you lose motivation to play games, how do you get back into it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. When/If you lose motivation to play games, how do you get back into it?

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
5 months ago#11
Take a break, it always works for me.
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name

User Info: EternalDivide

EternalDivide
5 months ago#12
Just take a break. That always works for me. Sometimes just a few days once in a great while I go a couple of weeks without playing something.
FFVII Remake: A disaster in the making.
I'll laugh at whatever I find funny whether you like it or not.

User Info: Halo_Forever

Halo_Forever
5 months ago#13
You could take a break from gaming or you could try some other genres.
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
5 months ago#14
If a game fails to grab me after ten hours of playing it, it most likely never will. And my time is too valuable to waste it on a game I'm just not enjoying. Monster Hunter being the most recent example. I gave it a fair chance to wow me and it failed so I traded it in towards Shadow of War which I've already put about 40 hours into. I'm really liking it.
Go Leafs Go!

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
5 months ago#15
I sometimes look through the achievement lists for any games I haven’t played in a while or just don’t feel like playing again. I’ll look up a video on how to unlock certain achievements or better ways to play the game. That usually gets me back in the mood to play.
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
5 months ago#16
Take a break for awhile.
Now Playing The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD, Bayonetta 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Batman Arkham Knight

User Info: balaysked

balaysked
5 months ago#17
I'm in the middle of a gaming funk right now. I have a s*** ton of games, but don't feel like playing any of them. But NHL play-offs are right now so that helps quite a bit. Usually I'll just work out more, watch movies/TV, play guitar and write more music. Writing music usually helps cause I use a lot of songs from games to practice and for inspiration. So that usually gets me back into wanting to play a game.

Just gotta get away from it and do other things.
Nyaaaaasowhenyaaagonnabuymahpizzabruh

User Info: Wildone789

Wildone789
5 months ago#18
Maybe it's the time of the year. Could have cabin fever. Fishing will always be my first love.
live long and prosper.

User Info: huerito323

huerito323
5 months ago#19
I was feeling that way recently. I just took a break, watched some Netflix shows, and I decided to play something different from I usually like to play. For me, it was horror games. I've always been too big of a pansy to play them, but I decided I was going to play a horror game and complete it. The game was Resident Evil 7,and let me tell you, I loved every moment of it.

It made me want to play the older games, and I ended up beating RE4 as well. I really enjoyed that one too, although it wasn't scary. Now I'm playing the Revelations series, and so far it's pretty good too. RE7 has lead me to a new path in gaming.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. When/If you lose motivation to play games, how do you get back into it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived