Should I get Live and Reloaded even if I have Rare Replay?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should I get Live and Reloaded even if I have Rare Replay?

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
4 weeks ago#1
I heard that the control scheme overall is better in L&R than in BFD in Rare Replay. Should I play that instead?

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#2
Yes. Especially if you've never played the game before.

I grew up on the 64 version and have played both many times. I'm playing L&R at the moment and really, the only thing it does worse is it censors two words in the entire game that it shouldn't have. And if you don't know when it censors those two words then you'd never notice.

Otherwise it looks a thousand times better and plays much better. I still love the N64 version and really appreciate both being available, but L&R is a brilliant remake. You have to remember that one of the reason it received mixed reviews at the time was because it swapped out the original multiplayer for an Xbox LIVE team based shooter MP mode.

But if you're only interested in the campaign then that doesn't affect anything.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: TheGm86

TheGm86
4 weeks ago#3
Yeah sure why not. that said they did change the game somewhat and combat is an actual thing in the remake as opposed to the original when it only showed up in a couple chapters.
You can't grasp the true form of TheGM's post.
10+ in Charisma.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#4
I’ve never played a Conker game. I’m considering checking this out. I haven’t played a platformer since Rayman Legends.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#5
DirkMcGurkin posted...
I’ve never played a Conker game. I’m considering checking this out. I haven’t played a platformer since Rayman Legends.

Just keep in mind this isn't exactly a platformer. It's actually pretty hard to fit it into a single category because every five or ten minutes the gameplay changes completely. The actual jumping and platforming aspect is pretty light and honestly, kind of frustrating. There's a delay with jump and you don't get that split second "coyote time" that all the best platformers include.

I love the game because it's more than a sum of its parts. The story and the writing are still fantastic and the ever changing gameplay keeps you playing so you can see just what's going to happen next.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
4 weeks ago#6
da_StoOge posted...
DirkMcGurkin posted...

Just keep in mind this isn't exactly a platformer. It's actually pretty hard to fit it into a single category because ever five or ten minutes the gameplay changes completely. The actual jumping and platforming aspect is pretty light and honestly, kind of frustrating. There's a delay with jump and you don't get that split second "coyote time" that all the best platformers include.

I love the game because it's more than a sum of its parts. The story and the writing are still fantastic and the ever changing gameplay keeps you playing so you can see just what's going to happen next.

Sounds good to me. I’ll grab it at some point.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
4 weeks ago#7
Definitely
#BanBlobboyendings

User Info: uncledonnie3

uncledonnie3
4 weeks ago#8
It looks and controls way better. The censorship thing is a total non issue to me. The multiplayer was so goddamn awesome back in the day though on Live. I wish we could play this and Crimson Skies online with all the graphical and performance improvements.

da_StoOge
4 weeks ago#9
The multiplayer hasn't aged well. The aiming sensitivity would drive me mad. Your characters turn like milk.

The original N64's is still awesome. Played that all Christmas morning with my family.

User Info: SpacedDuck

SpacedDuck
4 weeks ago#10
uncledonnie3 posted...
It looks and controls way better. The censorship thing is a total non issue to me. The multiplayer was so goddamn awesome back in the day though on Live. I wish we could play this and Crimson Skies online with all the graphical and performance improvements.

I second Crimson Skies servers going live again.

I totally floors me that Microsoft has not made either a new Crimson Skies game or at least making an HD Remake of the XBOX one with online modes.

Truly a unique franchise that did well. Have it on PC as well and it would do well with cross play/buy.

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Should I get Live and Reloaded even if I have Rare Replay?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived