Why won't my Xbox take a screenshot when I tell it to?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why won't my Xbox take a screenshot when I tell it to?

User Info: Noob8244

Noob8244
3 months ago#1
I heard someone on Fortnite on my team say "Hey Xbox screenshot that" so I tried it and it didn't work. I googled it, and different sites said to say "Xbox record that" "Cortana record that" "Cortana capture that"etc. None of it works for me. I know the screenshot feature works with the controller by pressing the Xbox button then Y, and I've looked at my captures/screenshots, so I know that it works that way. I can't find anything on settings or anywhere to fix it. I've only had my Xbox like a month and a half and I haven't gamed for years so I'm still a newbie here don't attack me if it's really easy lol! Thanks! Also I do have Xbox Gold Live.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 months ago#2
You're using a Kinect or mic when you do this? You have voice commands/cortana turned on in the settings?

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
3 months ago#3
Have Kinect or headphones with a mic. Then say "Hey Cortana. Screenshot/record that".

Heads up though she's very iffy about that s*** and it can sometimes mess up and not record or take you out of the game into an app.

If you got the money buy the Xbox One official chatpad. (Little keyboard under the controller) as it has 2 programmable buttons that you can set to screenshot and record with just 1 button press instead of pulling up a menu or dealing with Cortana's slow ass.
http://i.imgur.com/VBDN2Pi.gif
https://wwewritten.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/r80.gif

Noob8244
3 months ago#4
Arizona_Joe posted...
Have Kinect or headphones with a mic. Then say "Hey Cortana. Screenshot/record that".

Heads up though she's very iffy about that s*** and it can sometimes mess up and not record or take you out of the game into an app.

If you got the money buy the Xbox One official chatpad. (Little keyboard under the controller) as it has 2 programmable buttons that you can set to screenshot and record with just 1 button press instead of pulling up a menu or dealing with Cortana's slow ass.

Thank you.
How do i get Kinect? I searched for it under apps and games in the store.

User Info: Lvaneede

Lvaneede
3 months ago#5
Kinect is a physical device. It was originally bundled with the Xbox One, but nothing really uses it anymore.
Fact: Nintendo is the best, there is no point denying it.

Noob8244
3 months ago#6
Thanks everyone! Why do some people have to say Cortana while some can say Xbox? saying Cortana works for me but not saying “Hey Xbox..”
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why won't my Xbox take a screenshot when I tell it to?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived