Is the Surge any good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is the Surge any good?

User Info: Jigglybuff

Jigglybuff
6 months ago#21
I have all the dlc but no idea how to access it
Look Out Killer Is Alive Near Denmark Visiting In Some Inner Origami Network Down Inside Egypt. (CAPS)

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
6 months ago#22
Jigglybuff posted...
I have all the dlc but no idea how to access it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RnxUeqZfBvM
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
6 months ago#23
It's frustrating, not in the Souls type of way.

See, in Souls, everything had a strategy to it. The Surge, seems to be glitched, especially on the first boss fight.

I bought it when it first came out, got to the first boss fight, did the requirements, however, he would not go down and was glitched. Go frustrated, came back to it a couple of months later, beat the first boss and then got around to everything else, it became sort of enjoyable, but it's a glitchy, randomized, stress fest.

It's good, but no where nears Souls caliber. Nioh is the only game that matches up to Souls
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIhNFLVvJUk)- Best Game Trailer of All time (DBFZ)
O_/_/ - This is the stance.

User Info: RyWx

RyWx
6 months ago#24
As a huge Souls fan, I couldn't even make it through the demo. The game is bad, period. The environments are bland and sterile, the graphics/framerate is choppy and jagged, the main character and plot device is cringeworthy at best... For $12.50 there might be something there but I doubt it's anything good. Save the cash and put it towards something you know you'll enjoy, wait for Surge to be a GWG.
"Mod this" he said too tired to grab his wang...

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
6 months ago#25
How did the boss glitch? I'm one and a half playthroughs through and haven't experienced a single noteworthy glitch, so even if the boss did glitch out on you one time I wouldn't sell the game as a "glitchy, stress fest".
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
6 months ago#26
da_StoOge posted...
How did the boss glitch? I'm one and a half playthroughs through and haven't experienced a single noteworthy glitch, so even if the boss did glitch out on you one time I wouldn't sell the game as a "glitchy, stress fest".

It didn't go down after I defeated it and it wouldn't build orange health bar over three times.

The rest of the game can be glitchy, teleporting enemies, items not upgrading,twice in the first dark zone, I had my health restore implant glitch out and it wouldn't even work

As for the stress fest comment, it's true, you've got hard enemies on top of glitches that make the game unplayable at some times.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIhNFLVvJUk)- Best Game Trailer of All time (DBFZ)
O_/_/ - This is the stance.

User Info: wildstrike1516

wildstrike1516
5 months ago#27
RyWx posted...
As a huge Souls fan, I couldn't even make it through the demo. The game is bad, period. The environments are bland and sterile, the graphics/framerate is choppy and jagged, the main character and plot device is cringeworthy at best... For $12.50 there might be something there but I doubt it's anything good. Save the cash and put it towards something you know you'll enjoy, wait for Surge to be a GWG.

I just have to say I don't get the "bland" environments comment. Dark Souls 3 was super bland and empty.
"the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?" - Jim Ryan, Sony Interactive Entertainment

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
5 months ago#28
wildstrike1516 posted...
Dark Souls 3 was super bland and empty.

ehh...no. Dark Souls 3 is a masterpiece.
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
5 months ago#29
Bought it last week. I hated it, even with the X enhancements.
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: SammichTime

SammichTime
5 months ago#30
I'm enjoying it and like the premise but it doesn't have the polish and variety that the Souls series have.
We need more giant robots
GT: Barcnori
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is the Surge any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived