You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Original Xbox BC mini-guide

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
10 months ago#1
Just making this small guide focused on the original Xbox games.
I don't want this to get stickied as I imagine I'll be remaking it every so often to include newly added games or other pertinent info.
Currently 32 games are already out or are planned to be BC on the Xbox One.
These games being on Xbox One usually means you'll get a boost in performance and you can use certain features that are available to all other titles that can be played on the One such as clip making and streaming.
You either have the option of playing these via a disc (after you download the patched up emulated game from the Xbox server) for free or you can pay a small fee and own the game digitally. This game functions the same as other digital content and can be "Game Shared", you can also then download it on an Xbox 360 if you wish.
These games do not offer achievements or gamerscore.

Wave 1
Black
BloodRayne 2
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dead to Rights
Ninja Gaiden Black
Fuzion Frenzy
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
The King of Fighters Neowave
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Psychonauts
Red Faction 2
Sid Meier’s Pirates!
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Wave 2
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Breakdown
Conker: Live & Reloaded
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Hunter: The Reckoning
Jade Empire
Panzer Dragoon Orta
SSX 3

Wave 3 (coming April 26th)
Destroy All Humans!
Full Spectrum Warrior
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (Europe only, Xbox One is region free so you can play it if you own the disc or an alternate account to download it)
Star Wars: Battlefront
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Star Wars Republic Commando

Games currently available in Xbox One Game Pass:
Ninja Gaiden Black
Fusion Frenzy

Games currently available via other means:
Black (EA Access Vault)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Rare Replay has an enhanced port that runs better)
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj | Switch FC: Ask
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

mcnichoj
10 months ago#2
The next bit of info was found from here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_with_alternate_display_modes
(Some info may be inaccurate or completely missing.)
Widescreen is when you get a rectangular image (16:9) as opposed to the old square (4:3) with the two massive black bars on the side.
Example from a Saturn game: http://i.imgur.com/P4hIz1O.png

Games that support widescreen:
Black
Destroy All Humans!
Full Spectrum Warrior
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
MX Unleashed
Ninja Gaiden Black
Panzer Dragoon Orta
SSX 3
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Republic Commando

Games that have native support output of 720p or 1080i:
MX Unleashed (Both)

Games that support system link/LAN:
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Republic Commando

Xbox Live services for all original Xbox games have been terminated but the link/LAN list above games can be be played online with a third party software called XLink Kai. You will need to have a computer running the software while you play.
More info on their site:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk
You can system link these games with people on any Xbox console, i.e. one person can be on an original Xbox and another can be on the Xbox One. You could even have both of those and another person using an Xbox 360 all in the same match.
It's also important to note that certain region versions of games may be incompatible with each other or certain games might require more or less bandwidth which may make certain games lag then also certain games can support in game mic chat, all that info can be found on their site here in a very clean chart:
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games

Let me know if I should include anything else.
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
10 months ago#3
I am sick n tired of BC topics, but even I must admit this is very well done and informative. I hope it does get stickied so all these Of Xbox ppl can post on one place rather than flooding the board

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
10 months ago#4

Are you telling me that this XLink Kai program would allow me to play Jedi Academy online!?
Now Playing: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (X360); Sea of Thieves (XONE); Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (NES)

mcnichoj
10 months ago#5
Armyofone posted...
I am sick n tired of BC topics, but even I must admit this is very well done and informative. I hope it does get stickied so all these Of Xbox ppl can post on one place rather than flooding the board
Thank you so much. Put a lot of thought into this thread and hopefully it's coherent enough for people to find use out of it.

TsC_PoLiTiKz posted...

Are you telling me that this XLink Kai program would allow me to play Jedi Academy online!?
Exactly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4fahn9cvsY
It can be annoying at first to setup but once you have it, it's so worth it.

mcnichoj
9 months ago#6
Bumping this thread to let people know they can buy the third wave Xbox titles on the Xbox 360 right now. If you opt to buy them now, you can download and play them on your 360 then whenever they decide to add them on the 26th they should appear in your Ready to Install section on your Xbox One.

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
9 months ago#7
Nice work man.
And I'll face no shame. Cause tonight's the night I die for our name

User Info: HypogeanGaol

HypogeanGaol
9 months ago#8
mcnichoj posted...
Bumping this thread to let people know they can buy the third wave Xbox titles on the Xbox 360 right now. If you opt to buy them now, you can download and play them on your 360 then whenever they decide to add them on the 26th they should appear in your Ready to Install section on your Xbox One.

This is wonderfully informative and detailed. Thanks for taking the time to make this thread.

Thumbs up, and sticky requested!

mcnichoj
9 months ago#9
More info to be consolidated in to first post.

Games currently available on the Xbox 360 as digital download but not yet BC on Xbox One:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
Psychonauts
Fable
Puyo Pop Fever (Japan exclusive)
Magatama (Japan exclusive)
Burnout 3: Takedown
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows
Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel Without a Pulse"
The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
Guilty Gear XX #Reload
Intellivision Lives!
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Zapper: One Wicked Cricket

Games that were supposed to be made available available before the service was discontinued:
Dead or Alive 3
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Came out alongside Xbox One BC)
Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (The new Jurassic World Evolution game is a sequel of sorts to this, so highly likely this and Dead or Alive 3 will come at some point, not so sure about the other three.)
Madagascar
Panzer Dragoon Orta (Came out alongside Xbox One BC)
Raze's Hell
Ultra Bust-a-Move
Source: http://xbox.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Originals

Figured I'd include the list below for those interested. Old 6th gen titles available for the two main 8th gen consoles. On Xbox One you get the benefit of a better boost in performance and visuals but you miss out on other features that the PS4 counter-parts have like trophies and then more importantly, if you're a digital buyer then their versions actually go on sale. The Destroy All Humans! games were $4USD along with the Red Faction games for $2USD just a week ago. If you only buy physical though the PS4 doesn't support that. Lastly you can check out the list on the link provided and see some potential games that could get added to Xbox One BC.

Xbox One BC titles that are also on Sony's "PS2 on PS4" platform:
Destroy All Humans! (Plus its sequel)
Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (They rumored to be getting this)
Psychonauts
Red Faction II (Plus its prequel)
Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
Source: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/39948-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-discussion/

Buying digital BC games on Xbox One:
It's important to point out that you can't use wallet/saved credits on your account/Xbox Gift Card to purchase any BC titles. The Xbox actually utilizes two different marketplaces; Windows/Xbox One and Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 is almost its own platform and you can only utilize the things mentioned above if you make the purchase on an Xbox 360. If you try to buy from Xbox.com or the Xbox One your only option is a Credit Card (and maybe PayPal).

Next thing I'll put together is a single player and a local multiplayer list.

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
9 months ago#10
Damn.
Awesome info.
#BanBlobboyendings
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Original Xbox BC mini-guide