Any loot-based shooters that use packs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Any loot-based shooters that use packs?

User Info: Xboxed in

Xboxed in
5 months ago#1
I like the mechanism in sports games like NBA 2K and Madden for their fantasy team building modes where you can use in-game currency (or purchased digital currency) to open packs for various in-game content. Are there any shooters that use this feature? I know there are games that have loot chests like Borderlands but I'm wondering if there any games that allow you to purchase these kinds of packs with currency earned in-game.

Thanks!

User Info: fratalien

fratalien
5 months ago#2
Mass Effect Andromeda?
"My dad owns a dealership!"

User Info: Seanie1200

Seanie1200
5 months ago#3
Warframe might fit the bill
Useful for some on this site, calms excitable and stroppy ponies: http://www.rockies.co.uk/magnacalm.html

Xboxed in
5 months ago#4
Seanie1200 posted...

I've heard about that, know almost nothing about it. How is the freeplay vs. pay-to-upgrade comparison? Can you have fun without spending?

User Info: Eli99999

Eli99999
5 months ago#5
fratalien posted...
Mass Effect Andromeda?

This game isn't a loot based shooter. The multiplayer might have packs that unlock weapons, but that's different.
I'm glad the Xbox One has such a lackluster lineup. It keeps my favorite game, The MCC active because people have nothing else to play.

Xboxed in
5 months ago#6
fratalien posted...
Mass Effect Andromeda?

Just looked it up and that's kinda what I'm looking for as well. I would love to open a pack and randomly get an excellent gun or armor upgrade by pure luck.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
5 months ago#7
Gears 4
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64

Xboxed in
5 months ago#8
Brownstone posted...
Gears 4

Can you use in-game currency for packs? Or only purchased credits?

User Info: Cruddy_horse

Cruddy_horse
5 months ago#9
Xboxed in posted...
Seanie1200 posted...

I've heard about that, know almost nothing about it. How is the freeplay vs. pay-to-upgrade comparison? Can you have fun without spending?

It's the best Free to play game out there, some of the microtransactions are absurd at first glance but you would be a fool to waste them that waste premium currency like that anyhow, everything can be obtained by playing the game even the premium currency which can be obtained by trading special types of equipment with other players. My friend is sitting on 180P which is about equivalent to $10.

The game has more quality content than nearly any other game out there and is constantly getting more every few months of so.
equo ne credite!

Xboxed in
5 months ago#10
I am downloading Mass Effect: Andromeda (free from EA Access) as well as Warframe. Will try them both and see which one I like better. Probably Warframe because EA products are generally all flash and no substance.

Will also check our GoW, since it's not really an RPG (at least not since I played older titles) I can't really see how the loot system would be a good fit there
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Any loot-based shooters that use packs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived