How does paying for loot boxes give you a sense of pride and accomplishment?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How does paying for loot boxes give you a sense of pride and accomplishment?

User Info: levyjl1988

levyjl1988
6 months ago#1
Because it seems like pretty much bs.
Players didn’t earn anything for it. They just buy on impulse to get time limited hard to obtain RNG. So one is more luckier and have more money than others? Are publishers and developers stupid?

After looking at Monster Hunter World’s patches, quick feedback and free updates it makes Bungie’s Destiny 2 look really, really bad.

After playing Destiny 2 for a s*** ton of hours and Monster Hunter World even more. I want the Destiny franchise to die. Like most devs that kill off franchises like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space, etc. Destiny is pretty much hated by its fans and its exploitative tactics of manipulation and lies.
What’s the point of Amanda Holiday when Tess can sell you ships and sparrows for a microtransactional price.

Destiny 2 is such a flop.
I hate games with bad game design

User Info: VapidStarStruck

VapidStarStruck
6 months ago#2
Why would a toy give anyone a sense of accomplishment or pride though?
Acting like a clueless moron will get you pretty far if you do it right.
A fat smelly airhead like me doesn't just happen overnight dontchaknow.

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
6 months ago#3
No, it gives me stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
6 months ago#4
Destiny has always been the epitome of mediocrity in my mind.

As far as MTs go, there are a lot of people out there with more money than time and developers know this. Pride and accomplishment have very little to do with it.
Go Leafs Go!

User Info: mike468

mike468
6 months ago#5
I'm not saying destiny isn't bad when it comes to MT, but there are a lot of games that are much worst.

Halo 5, Hearthstone, and overwatch are much worst.

Halo 5, the drop rates on legendary gear is abysmal unless you've unlocked all common and uncommon gear first. Doesn't matter if you spend more money on the more expensive req packs either.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: redline65

redline65
6 months ago#6
mike468 posted...

Hearthstone? You don't pay for loot boxes in Hearthstone. You buy card packs. And you can buy them with in-game gold... a lot of people have hit legend rank without spending a dime. Hearthstone is very F2P friendly.

I haven't played Overwatch, but isn't it just cosmetics?

User Info: mike468

mike468
6 months ago#7
redline65 posted...
mike468 posted...

Hearthstone? You don't pay for loot boxes in Hearthstone. You buy card packs. And you can buy them with in-game gold... a lot of people have hit legend rank without spending a dime. Hearthstone is very F2P friendly.

I get it's f2p, but drop rates are still s***.

1-2 legendaries for spending ~$50-60 on bundles when new expansions are released. Out of those 40-50 pack I've gotten 100+ duplicates on multiple occasions.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
6 months ago#8
redline65 posted...
mike468 posted...

Overwatch is 100% cosmetics that don't impact game play. Which is amazing they still sell as well as they do for people who aren't getting anything but a new coat of paint.

Halo 5 all their items are tied to 1 game mode and that game mode has a level system that prevents pay to win so 12 Bill Gates can't magically be unbeatable. Plus there's not really a grind for your next box so you're getting a decent payout for the game you're already playing.
http://i.imgur.com/VBDN2Pi.gif
https://wwewritten.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/r80.gif

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
6 months ago#9
VapidStarStruck posted...
Why would a toy give anyone a sense of accomplishment or pride though?

This.

User Info: Inferno700

Inferno700
6 months ago#10
Pride that I have the money to make the purchase?

I refuse to buy any.
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436 Steam ID: Inferno700
PSN: Inferno701 Xbox Live: oDarth Plagueis
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How does paying for loot boxes give you a sense of pride and accomplishment?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived