Well, GwG just cemented my dislike for the Assassin's Creed series.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Well, GwG just cemented my dislike for the Assassin's Creed series.

User Info: Flamer_Blue

Flamer_Blue
4 months ago#1
I tried Syndicate and in traditional Ubisoft formula, they go flashy with the intro, and start feeding me WAY TOO MUCH information about stuff that maybe I am not ready to know yet.
It tells me about the twins, Jacob and Eve and about how they were the best thieves from Industrial era Great Britain.
Then, it jumps to cinematic about them jumping a train and trying to be witty and funny.
(Yeah uhm...no.)
Anyways, I kept playing a bit more.
It told me to sneak to the other side of a plant. So I see there are lots of people working there, including kids (ok going for the shock factor).
I go to the side, and see two guys and a kid working out a huge torque lift.
I go the opposite way and find a woman cleaning and a kid sitting on the floor. None of them seem to be bothered by my presence.
So I am like wtf? I keep walking down the main aisle and nobody raises an eyebrow.
I proceed to get to the opposite side of the plant room and kill the supervisor, which happens to be wearing a red coat.
NO ONE SEEMS TO PANIC.
I am like wtf? why isn't anyone running. Kids are just there staring at my character, cleaning his blade.

I proceed to "escape" the factory through a series of dumbed down parkour animations with the press of two buttons.

It is even more dumbed down than Uncharted platforming. I mean, you only press right trigger with a face button and the character goes around his business defying gravity and being mega fast.

Uhmm....yeah I think I'll proceed to delete this.
<cite>Metallix87 posted...</cite>
"Nintendo is an animal"

User Info: Teeth

Teeth
4 months ago#2
ok

User Info: Neo Vejiita

Neo Vejiita
4 months ago#3
Flamer_Blue posted...
It told me to sneak to the other side of a plant. So I see there are lots of people working there, including kids (ok going for the shock factor).

Not really going for the shock factor, just being historically accurate.
aka NeoMasamune

User Info: brubie

brubie
4 months ago#4
i couldn't keep playing it. felt way too antiquated after the great Origins experience

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
4 months ago#5
To be fair, the working conditions in a factory from the time of the Industrial Revolution were very brutal compared to today, so I seriously doubt the factory workers would get upset over you murdering their foreman since he would have been partly responsible for the suffering they would have gone through on a daily basis.

On the contrary, they probably had a huge celebration after you also killed the guy(s) who owned the factory and burned it to the ground even though it meant that they’d have to find jobs elsewhere.
"This may be a solution but it is a very bad one" - Icarusael
"You are right. Fixing a problem is a terrible solution." - AnonymousFriend

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
4 months ago#6
Thanks for ruining the opening TC. Next time use spoiler or at least warn about em
reported
I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy!

User Info: lokostilll

lokostilll
4 months ago#7
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
Thanks for ruining the opening TC. Next time use spoiler or at least warn about em
reported

Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
reported

You should have stopped reading at "it tells me..." but you couldn't huh? Your fault.
"When there's no more room in internet, The trolls will walk the earth"

User Info: Flamer_Blue

Flamer_Blue
4 months ago#8
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
reported

It's a game that you were never going to play.
You do know saying that you are going to report something is trolling, right?
<cite>Metallix87 posted...</cite>
"Nintendo is an animal"

User Info: RyWx

RyWx
4 months ago#9
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
reported

You should be reported for making a false report. The game's been out since Oct 2015, having long passed the need for a spoiler warning. So far that it's *free on a paid service that is available to you. Had this been the first week/month, I'd agree with you, but 3 years later? Why are you on the internet if you don't want to risk spoiling something you've obviously had no intention of buying?

On topic, Unity was the last straw from me. 3 was terrible, didn't touch 4 because of the terrible sailing from 3, and Unity was the cherry on the s*** sundae. Syndicate looked similar so I wrote off the series for good.
"Mod this" he said too tired to grab his wang...

User Info: Teeth

Teeth
4 months ago#10
4 was nothing like 3

4 is widely regarded as the best ac game.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Well, GwG just cemented my dislike for the Assassin's Creed series.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived