Morrowind: Tips and advice for first timers

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Morrowind: Tips and advice for first timers

User Info: Inferno700

Inferno700
5 months ago#41
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
knightmere122 posted...
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
charlton3k posted...
or not bothering so the game doesn't scale to quickly?

Enemies don't scale in Morrowind. You can get in over your head while exploring, that's part of what this game so great imo. SAVE OFTEN!!!

Yup one wrong turn and you will be slaughtered.

Big risks can lead to big rewards though... that's the balance.

This. Everytime I start a new file I head straight for Chrysamere and the Lords Mail after pickingup a few essentials.
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436 Steam ID: Inferno700
PSN: Inferno701 Xbox Live: oDarth Plagueis

User Info: knightmere122

knightmere122
5 months ago#42
If you want to become unstoppable just stack chameleon gear until you are completely invisible.
Ohio State Buckeyes: 2014-15 National Champions

User Info: Inferno700

Inferno700
5 months ago#43
charlton3k posted...
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
charlton3k posted...

Enemies don't scale in Morrowind. You can get in over your head while exploring, that's part of what this game so great imo. SAVE OFTEN!!!

Ahh wonder what game i'm getting mixed up with then. Leaving up loads but not in any weapon or armour skills so I get slaughtered hah.

DigitalFury_ posted...
First thing I'm doing is killing someone in Balmora and taking their house. It must be done.

EDIT: Speaking of which..... watch out who you kill, heh heh heh

This :D
It's usually a house to the very west with one guy in that I kill and use as my own, on pc I loved the 'home sweet home' mod house you got.

I like to take over a certain shop in Suran that has nice dagger, some expensive darts and a bracer.
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436 Steam ID: Inferno700
PSN: Inferno701 Xbox Live: oDarth Plagueis

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
5 months ago#44
Jump of a cliff and dye?

Acrobatics +1!

Morrowind was the first game I got on the Xbox, hated it. Might give a try again now I don't have the patience of a teenager.
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
5 months ago#45
DigitalFury_ posted...

Ohh yeah this can be an issue too so once again
SAVE OFTEN
I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy!

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
5 months ago#46
Inferno700 posted...
charlton3k posted...
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
charlton3k posted...

Ahh wonder what game i'm getting mixed up with then. Leaving up loads but not in any weapon or armour skills so I get slaughtered hah.

DigitalFury_ posted...
First thing I'm doing is killing someone in Balmora and taking their house. It must be done.

It's usually a house to the very west with one guy in that I kill and use as my own, on pc I loved the 'home sweet home' mod house you got.

I like to take over a certain shop in Suran that has nice dagger, some expensive darts and a bracer.

I always kill Karlirah. She's in one of the houses on the river front. Centrally located and whatnot. Then I clean her out and sell all of her stuff to the moonsugar addicted Kkajiit shop keeper near by.

Man, the memories are flooding back. I can't wait
XBL GT: M0NSTERRA1N

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
5 months ago#47
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
knightmere122 posted...
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
charlton3k posted...

Yup one wrong turn and you will be slaughtered.

Big risks can lead to big rewards though... that's the balance.

And makes it one of the better ES
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
5 months ago#48
DigitalFury_ posted...
Inferno700 posted...
charlton3k posted...
Imn0tleB0W5ki posted...
charlton3k posted...

DigitalFury_ posted...

I always kill Karlirah. She's in one of the houses on the river front. Centrally located and whatnot. Then I clean her out and sell all of her stuff to the moonsugar addicted Kkajiit shop keeper near by.

Man, the memories are flooding back. I can't wait

Am I the only non-psychopathic Nerevarine in Vvardenfell? I seriously just end up becoming roommates with Caius Cosades instead of murdering someone for their house each playthrough.
"This may be a solution but it is a very bad one" - Icarusael
"You are right. Fixing a problem is a terrible solution." - AnonymousFriend

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
5 months ago#49
I remember when this came out and what a huge deal it was that NPCs had a life, a routine, and a schedule. Before that, NPCs in most games just stood around like a prop.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: Imn0tleB0W5ki

Imn0tleB0W5ki
5 months ago#50
charlton3k posted...

Combat is rough in the beginning (its old school dice roll based on #s) but the feeling of growth into a god is worth the s***ty start imo. Save before you enter any doors in the wild and you should be fine. I've spent countless hours on this game(pc) & will help if I can. The answers to most major questions can be found here:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Morrowind
I didn't get a harrumph out of that guy!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Morrowind: Tips and advice for first timers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived