I know I'm just adding to the noise...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I know I'm just adding to the noise...

User Info: Gaming4dummies

Gaming4dummies
4 months ago#1
But do you guys realize that the Gamefaqs boards topic count would be reduced by more than 50% if there were gamers here with...disposable income who could afford to buy any and all consoles?

All these b****ing, whining, trolling, baiting topics would disappear if say, most of us had a PC, PS4 Pro, X1X, Switch, 3DS, PSVR, Oculus Rift, etc (ahem, like me!) and wouldn’t have to worry about exclusives. There are no exclusives in my world. I buy whatever looks good to me on whatever system I want.

And to be honest, when I think that maybe my gaming hobby is a little costly, I look at any of my buddies who have way more expensive hobbies. Like not even close.
One dude buys firearms. His latest acquisition cost more than all my consoles together.
Another dude owns a boat, a literal money pit. Another guy buys dirt bikes.
My brother is an avid fisherman. He’ll drop hundreds on rods, reels and gear.

Just saying it’s really not unreasonable, if you have a job and don’t have 19 kids to save up and own all the systems.
They really aren’t that expensive.
And it would clear up all these fanboy posts.
I love all my consoles and they all offer up something different.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
4 months ago#2
PREACH! Brotha!
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
4 months ago#3
I think a lot of the trolling would go away if some people didn't get upset that other people like something they don't
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjqb3AKndYc

User Info: kingvortex

kingvortex
4 months ago#4
Bumbleoni posted...
I think a lot of the trolling would go away if some people didn't get upset that other people like something they don't

That works the other way as well. Someone doesn't like a game that you do? Oh well.
Meh

User Info: Bumbleoni

Bumbleoni
4 months ago#5
kingvortex posted...
Bumbleoni posted...

That works the other way as well. Someone doesn't like a game that you do? Oh well.

Exactly.
GT: Bumbleoni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjqb3AKndYc

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
4 months ago#6
The funny thing is, there are more than a few people here who own multiple consoles and still bash.

Why bother buying a console if you’re gonna turn around and call it a waste?
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: fratalien

fratalien
4 months ago#7
Lol some people have other hobbies. It's not always about money, time is also a factor.

Either way I don't care about who plays what on which system. So long as they aren't being sociopaths about it, it's whatever.
"My dad owns a dealership!"

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
4 months ago#8
Gaming4dummies posted...
But do you guys realize that the Gamefaqs boards topic count would be reduced by more 50% if there were gamers here with...disposable income who could afford to buy any and all consoles?

All these b****ing, whining, trolling, baiting topics would disappear if say, most of us had a PC, PS4 Pro, X1X, Switch, 3DS, PSVR, Oculus Rift, etc (ahem, like me!) and wouldn’t have to worry about exclusives. There are no exclusives in my world. I buy whatever looks good to me on whatever system I want.

And to be honest, when I think that maybe my gaming hobby is a little costly, I look at any of my buddies who have way more expensive hobbies. Like not even close.
One dude buys firearms. His latest acquisition cost more than all my consoles together.
Another dude owns a boat, a literal money pit. Another guy buys dirt bikes.
My brother is an avid fisher. He’ll drop hundreds on rods, reels and gear.

Just saying it’s really not unreasonable, if you have a job and don’t have 19 kids to save up and own all the systems.
They really aren’t that expensive.
And it would clear up all these fanboy posts.
I love all my consoles and they all offer up something different.

I could afford to buy all the consoles. I dont usually though. I work 50+ hours a week and have kids, so my gsming time is limited, so I can really only keep up with 1 console worth of games. Especially in the second half of a generation where games are dropping faster than I can buy them.

If a console gets at least 3 or more exclusives that are must haves for me, then I will probably buy it. For example, my Primary console is a PS4, but I plan to get a Switch soon because I wajt to play Zelda and Xenoblade 2 and Bayonetta 3, my kids would love Mario and Smash bros and my wife is a huge Pokemon fan, so a Switch is a no brainer.

However the Xbox platform doesnt really have any exclusives I want and the multiplats I just play on my PS4. I do keep up on xbox news just in case some interesting exclusives get announced, but so far nothing that interests me. So for me, it doesnt have anything to do with cost. It has to do with time and lack of interest.
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
4 months ago#9
No offence TC, but no one here gives a s*** about what you can and cannot afford. Everyone has different priorities. Not everyone wants to own every console. Trolls and fanboys will always exist in a place where they are allowed to run around freely.
Go Leafs Go!

User Info: rhklce

rhklce
4 months ago#10
AWarAmp84 posted...
No offence TC, but no one here gives a s*** about what you can and cannot afford. Everyone has different priorities. Not everyone wants to own every console. Trolls and fanboys will always exist in a place where they are allowed to run around freely.

Try actually reading his post.

Though, I will agree with your “trolls gonna troll” statement.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I know I'm just adding to the noise...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived