Longest you've gone without buying a new game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Longest you've gone without buying a new game?

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
2 months ago#1
So here we are, April is almost upon us which will mark five months since I purchased my last game on Xbox One, AC Origins.

While I also got NBA 2k18, WWE 2k18, and Shadows of War around the same time, I feel like it’s been ages since I felt the need to buy a new game, and I legitimately don’t see a new release on the horizon that gives me any kind of hope.

While I recognize Far Cry 5 comes out on Tuesday, I’ve never finished a Far Cry game, and don’t plan on buying a new one. I can honestly say that there really isn’t anything with a definitive release date upcoming until Madden that I would even consider buying.

So I thought I’d throw the question out there. How long was the longest time between game purchases for you? And what was the reason?
I just changed my signature because the Eagles won the Super Bowl!
-February 4th, 2018

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
2 months ago#2
Maybe a month? Even when there are no new releases I want right away,. I still have tons of older games I want for my collection. I just got Doom and Batman Arkham Knight today in the mail, my next new release will prolly be Conan

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
2 months ago#3
when was titanfall2 launched.that the only new game i bought for ps4 and x1 .i did buy halo5 and doom used before the scorpio launched

welcome to Gamefaqs.were your 1000% completely wrong about everything even before you post on here .so once again welcome to Gamefaqs

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
2 months ago#4
I mean I’m going on five at this point.....new territory for me.
I just changed my signature because the Eagles won the Super Bowl!
-February 4th, 2018

User Info: LordTrevelyan

LordTrevelyan
2 months ago#5
About 3 weeks.
Something usually catches my eye.
Gamefaqs, where if you have a different opinion you are a troll. (Old account DontCry)

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
2 months ago#6
I don't buy games new, either by sales digitally or second hand physical.

The last game I got was Human Fall Flat, on sale. But have been playing other things so far.
Necrogeddon.

User Info: NavyVet88

NavyVet88
2 months ago#7
I got Friday the 13th new for Christmas and prey for Valentine's day. I did take a four break from games recently
XBL: LuckySwampAzz
Billy Crystal is a warlock!

User Info: c13rocks

c13rocks
2 months ago#8
Like 6-8 months

User Info: mistergrownman

mistergrownman
2 months ago#9
6 months once. I like to wait for sales.

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
2 months ago#10
idk depends on what alls been coming out. in the 360 era went about 2 years since I sold my 360 to focus on school. The xbox one era probably 3 or 4 months at most.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Longest you've gone without buying a new game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived