Have you ever taken a day off work/school to play a game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have you ever taken a day off work/school to play a game?

User Info: FlyEaglesFly24

FlyEaglesFly24
7 months ago#31
No, I save my days off for important things. True story the last personal day I took was for the Super Bowl Parade. The rest are usually for weddings or urgent doctors appointments.

To be fair though, I only get to keep two personal days into next year and I get paid over $100 at the end of the year for each one I don’t use so a day at home playing games isn’t worth it to me:
I just changed my signature because the Eagles won the Super Bowl!
-February 4th, 2018

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
7 months ago#32
I don't think so... then again, I make my own schedule, so I can work around releases if I'm that fired up. I don't remember the last time I did it, though.

I also might have played sick in high school to play Doom 2, but I honestly don't remember if I was really sick or not. My ma was a nurse so I couldn't usually get away with that sort of thing.
A nerd's eyes are black, black like a doll's eyes...

User Info: Fredrick2003x

Fredrick2003x
7 months ago#33
Yes, but it was more for the people than the game itself. Everybody else was off (i had school) and I elected to skip that day of classes in favor of the arcade road trip.
Now Playing - [PS4] Nier Automata (Platinum, 2017) - [XONE] The Crew (Ivory Tower/Ubisoft, 2014) - [PS2] Gungrave (Red Entertainment, 2002)

User Info: EvVv3

EvVv3
7 months ago#34
I have done it plenty of times and will continue to do so. This year I will do it for only 2 possible games though. Last of Us 2 and Resident Evil 2 Remake. I have 5 weeks worth of vacation/personal days off.

User Info: RyWx

RyWx
7 months ago#35
Never intentionally though I may have actually fallen sick on the day before/of coincidentally. My schedule has me on a rotation where I'm off Tues, Sat, Sun one week, and Wed, Thurs, Fri the following so I'm pretty much always off the day of/after anyway.

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
7 months ago#36
Yes I have. More than once. Haven’t done it in awhile though.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
7 months ago#37
Gran Turismo 2
Ps4/x1/pc

User Info: Flaw

Flaw
7 months ago#38
I skipped a week of college classes to play Guitar Hero 2! Loved that game!

User Info: bigboyhowdy2

bigboyhowdy2
7 months ago#39
First time was Fable.. then TES:Oblivion.. then Halo 2. Those were all in Middle/High School.

I don't recall ever missing work for a video game, but I'm sure Ive certainly requested PTO for video game launches.

User Info: Game_Fan09

Game_Fan09
7 months ago#40
I used to skip school sometimes to play a game on launch day all day. Now I can't really afford to miss work for that but I dont have a great job.
Currently playing: GoW: UE, MGS V, Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have you ever taken a day off work/school to play a game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived