Have you ever taken a day off work/school to play a game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have you ever taken a day off work/school to play a game?

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
5 months ago#21
Skyrim, booked the release day off then had the next two days rota'd off but the game arrived on the tenth about two hours before I had to be in work.

I was...displeased.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
5 months ago#22
Mirage13 posted...
Implying that gamers actually work or go to school?

https://media.giphy.com/media/GhNXUOpdNz65q/giphy.gif

>makes ignorant assumption about Gamefaqs users

>is also a Gamefaqs user

Riiiight. I’m starting to see a trend with your posts. They just never seem to be well thought out.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
5 months ago#23
as a kid, when new SNES or N64 games came out that i NEEDED OR I'D DIE my mom would get me out of school at noon so i could play them.

good times.

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
5 months ago#24
Rings posted...
I took today and tomorrow off work to play Sea of Theives with 3 other buddies.

So far, so good!

Jackpot!

Reflex-Arc posted...
Sure. I'm not sure why doing this would carry any kind of stigma. If you have PTO time to spare, use it.

There have been similar topics in the past and there’s always at least a few people that believe this type of action is in some way morally wrong.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
5 months ago#25
Would people that took the time off work to go Hunting with their buddies, on holiday with their family or just time off for their mental health be ridiculed?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: DrRockso87

DrRockso87
5 months ago#26
Yes. June 7 - 8, 2011 to play 'inFamous 2'. Picked it up at Gamestop, played from start to finish for 14 hours straight (completed most of the side missions as well as the main campaign).

No regrets. I also took off for 'Rare Replay' to play with my friends. Again, no regrets.

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
5 months ago#27
School? Never.
Work? Twice. The first time was for Yakuza 0, the second time was for monster hunter world.
I'm slowly learning that the gamefaqs main boards is not a place for discussion, this is a place for sad lonely attention seekers to go and pick fights.

User Info: LordTrevelyan

LordTrevelyan
5 months ago#28
Never, playing a game isn’t worth missing class or making money. imo
Gamefaqs, where if you have a different opinion you are a troll. (Old account DontCry)

User Info: knight1014139

knight1014139
5 months ago#29
Yes I have. Dark Souls 2, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 4.
XBL Gamertag: TheRevan Lord
https://soundcloud.com/user-720481272

User Info: chex81

chex81
5 months ago#30
Ya many years ago, it was either release of Skyrim or a Zelda game
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Have you ever taken a day off work/school to play a game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived