• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X Running Games In 4K Depends On Various Factors, Even High End PCs Can

User Info: neveragain66

neveragain66
9 months ago#1
https://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-x-running-games-in-4k-depends-on-various-factors-even-high-end-pcs-can-have-problems-at-4k

The Xbox One X is definitely a far more powerful machine than any other console on the market- but contrary to what Microsoft may have you believe, that doesn’t mean that native 4K is guaranteed for every game on the console. Modern games and computing are complex, and native 4K visuals rendered in real time are contingent on a whole host of factors.

User Info: seankimberley42

seankimberley42
9 months ago#2
“Guys! Hey guys, did you know? The sun will rise tomorrow! I know, amazing right? Maybe I should make a topic about this in case it isn’t too obvious.”
Innovation is the engine of tomorrow's economy.

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
9 months ago#3
What set the trolls off today? Hellblade and Crash was last week, why full force all of the sudden?

User Info: holden4ever

holden4ever
9 months ago#4
neveragain66 posted...
but contrary to what Microsoft may have you believe, that doesn’t mean that native 4K is guaranteed for every game on the console

Contrary? No, that's exactly what MS has been saying. f*** these people are stupid.
https://i.imgur.com/wTUjLps.jpg - RIP Holden
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
9 months ago#5
Which is why I feel like 4K isn't something we should hope to consistently achieve yet and instead focus the systems' resources into delivering 60fps more often.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
9 months ago#6
Why can’t it post this on the quincy2000a account?
Xbox One X & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
9 months ago#7
Can someone quote MS saying all games will render natively in 4K? I never once heard them say that. The point of the X is to play all games in higher resolution and frame rate than other console out.

It succeeds.
This topic is taking the word s*** bucket to a whole 'nother level!!!!
-Sasquatch8080

User Info: Soooo_not_good

Soooo_not_good
9 months ago#8
why not use your main queency?
Chillin' like a Villain
Psn:Goodman____

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
9 months ago#9
flame030191 posted...
Which is why I feel like 4K isn't something we should hope to consistently achieve yet and instead focus the systems' resources into delivering 60fps more often.

Resolution is all on the GPU, and the 1X has a really good GPU. To have modern games running at a locked 60FPS on the 1X it would need a much better CPU, which it doesn't have.

So unless games are already running near 60FPS on the base consoles don't expect many to run at double the framerate on the 1X. It's designed to run at higher resolutions but not necessarily at double the framerate.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
9 months ago#10
So what you're saying is that it's up to the Devs how they use the extra power and for what?

Well f*** me sideways, this is new news.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X Running Games In 4K Depends On Various Factors, Even High End PCs Can
  • Topic Archived